Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Programming 95040  (Read 7059 times)
JPower

« on: January 03, 2014, 04:17:14 PM »

Hi,

working on immo issues with ME7.5 - 95040 eeprom. Reading it with clip which was not a problem, but writing to it is not possible via clip and external programmer. Saw that there are some issues with that chip but unfortunately mcumall server is down so I can not look for infos.

Is there any trick concerned to writing 95040 via external programmer and clip? Or do I need to desolder 95040? If yes, why it is not possible to write via clip?  Grin

Btw. I tried ArgDub's Tool but after some seconds of reading the process stops and so I didn't tried writing 95040 chip with ArgDub's tool (also because I don't want to play around with Boot Mode).

Thanks
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 04:18:33 PM »

Bootmode and Argdubs tool has never failed me on ME7.5.

BUT, you can't write the eeprom in series. You MAY be able to do it if the ecu is powered up...

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
f1torrents

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 04:52:48 PM »

ME7.5 is the easiest ECu to bootmode.
Its much easier than desoldering the ship even with hot air.

Just bootmode it and your good to go.
JPower

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 05:11:28 AM »

Hi guys,

thanks for helping me!

@ DD: Tried to read with powered ECU but still no success

@ F1: Tried again with ArgDub but still no sucess. So I don't think that writing in bootmode will work when just reading failed.

Enclosed you can find my screenshot. I am always getting the same error message, also on an other laptop. Cable is a 232r so there should be no issue with it.

Thank you guys! Smiley
f1torrents

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 07:18:14 AM »

Reading/Writing with that tool has been 50/50 in OBD with me....

In bootmode its 100%.

Just bootmode it and you will be running in no time.
ME7.5 isn't even glued shut. Its child's play to open and bootmode it
ddillenger

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 07:19:51 AM »

I don't care if you don't THINK writing in bootmode will work, I KNOW that it will read/write in bootmode.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
JPower

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 01:07:25 PM »

Hi,

tried to do the wotk in bootmode and everything went very well Smiley I thought that reading/wrtiting in bootmode would not work because I had problems with OBD but there was absolutely no issue. Everything was OK Smiley

Thanks!
darkshado87
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 01:11:17 PM »

Hi,

tried to do the wotk in bootmode and everything went very well Smiley I thought that reading/wrtiting in bootmode would not work because I had problems with OBD but there was absolutely no issue. Everything was OK Smiley

Thanks!
dam i was going to say i just made a vid to show you how... that was a waste of time lol but here it is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZSv0n4seBA
brokenvespa

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 01:31:32 PM »

I got something out of it, So it was not a waste of time.  Smiley
JPower

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2014, 03:45:02 AM »

Hi again,

@ darkshado87:

Absolutely great vid, many many thanks! It will be also usefull for testing the me7eeprom tool so it was not a waste of time Smiley And since it was useful for Vespa I am sure it will help others as well Smiley

Really great guys so keep the fire burning  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: