Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What AFR are people running on their setups  (Read 14105 times)
carsey

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2014, 10:27:39 AM »

Just to clear it up.

Im using a FULL Audi TT me7.5 049 sensor from an wideband TT/S3.   Its fitted in the original 3" housing.  Im using a UNTOUCHED MAF tables from my 018H ecu, which I presume are perfectly calibrated to the 3" housing I am using. 

The only values I have copied across are the KFMLDMN values from a 032HN 180bhp k03s file.  I believe these are the lower values the maf needs to see or else it will trigger a soft limp mode?  The reason ive swapped these is because a k04 will obvilously see higher G/S at certain RPM/throttle sites than the smaller k03s.  Also done the same with the upper threshold for MAF diagnosis.

I was hoping that would stop me seeing limp mode on high load, high gear RPMs where the car would drop into 5psi 'limp' mode until throttle released and then depressed again.

I could be doing it wrong but one lad who uses these forums told me to look at those maps for the cure to soft limp mode.
userpike

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2014, 12:30:56 PM »

Just to clear it up.

Im using a FULL Audi TT me7.5 049 sensor from an wideband TT/S3.   Its fitted in the original 3" housing.  Im using a UNTOUCHED MAF tables from my 018H ecu, which I presume are perfectly calibrated to the 3" housing I am using. 

The only values I have copied across are the KFMLDMN values from a 032HN 180bhp k03s file.  I believe these are the lower values the maf needs to see or else it will trigger a soft limp mode?  The reason ive swapped these is because a k04 will obvilously see higher G/S at certain RPM/throttle sites than the smaller k03s.  Also done the same with the upper threshold for MAF diagnosis.

I was hoping that would stop me seeing limp mode on high load, high gear RPMs where the car would drop into 5psi 'limp' mode until throttle released and then depressed again.

I could be doing it wrong but one lad who uses these forums told me to look at those maps for the cure to soft limp mode.

try swapping the diagnosis maps over also, make them all match the bigger MAF settings. Really just switch every map over that involves the MAF. that way you can have OBD2 diagnosis on your new MAF that will be accurate also. Maybe that is why you get the soft limp because the ECU is confused due to settings used for the smaller housing which used the 049 sensor.

this is how I set mine up and have had 0 issues, you don't have to do anything but copy over the maps. I'm running a k04-023 on an AWP 1.8t. with the TT225 Samco TIP and 225 MAF. I was using a refurbished  225 MAF and kept getting the boost leak DTC. I bought a used real audi/vw 225 MAF and that went away which is interesting because I wasn't getting a bad MAF dtc either until I switched those maps. which is why i in turn bought the used  "real" MAF.
carsey

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2014, 12:46:47 PM »

try swapping the diagnosis maps over also, make them all match the bigger MAF settings. Really just switch every map over that involves the MAF. that way you can have OBD2 diagnosis on your new MAF that will be accurate also. Maybe that is why you get the soft limp because the ECU is confused due to settings used for the smaller housing which used the 049 sensor.

this is how I set mine up and have had 0 issues, you don't have to do anything but copy over the maps. I'm running a k04-023 on an AWP 1.8t. with the TT225 Samco TIP and 225 MAF. I was using a refurbished  225 MAF and kept getting the boost leak DTC. I bought a used real audi/vw 225 MAF and that went away which is interesting because I wasn't getting a bad MAF dtc either until I switched those maps. which is why i in turn bought the used  "real" MAF.

Im using the k04 maf settings on a k04 file.  Only areas I can see which would cause a issue is the ones where the k03s might under-read on some occasions due to the less air going into it.

Are there any of the k03 maps I should be switching into my k04 file to allow the ECU to see the 'smaller' turbo properly.

ddillenger

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2014, 12:54:31 PM »

What did you do about LDRXN?

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
carsey

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2014, 02:01:14 PM »

What did you do about LDRXN?

LDRXN is running my custom settings,  about 160s midrange and 168 load top value.

Soon as ive added extra load, its dropping into soft limp mode.  Fuelling is as above.  The latest map i have is attached in 1st post.
ddillenger

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2014, 02:05:39 PM »

We need logs. 168 load on a K03 is pushing it. You need to log requested boost, actual boost, and wastegate duty cycle.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
carsey

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2014, 02:28:55 PM »

Just to note its a k03s.  Last one I had, albeit with stock actuator was spiking 21psi and holiding high teens with about 12psi at redline.

15psi across midrange is medi-ocre I think.

Only log I have which isnt the best as my me7logger isnt working as keeps disconnecting is this one attached.   Far from ideal to tell much tho.
userpike

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2014, 03:06:39 PM »

Im using the k04 maf settings on a k04 file.  Only areas I can see which would cause a issue is the ones where the k03s might under-read on some occasions due to the less air going into it.

Are there any of the k03 maps I should be switching into my k04 file to allow the ECU to see the 'smaller' turbo properly.

IF you are running a k03s on a file calibrated for a k04 the first thing I would change turbowise is the boost PID settings to what a stock k03s file would have and start from there. KFLDRL(iirc, the map that adjusts WGDC is what I mean anyway) should be made much much closer to stock k03s file calibrations. This should take care of some of your woes.
I used to get 15 psi boost on my old k03s at like 1800 - 2000rpms so adjust ldrxn accordingly. The highest I've seen on my boost gauge at that rpm range with my k04-023 is about 10psi

lol If I had your setup I would see what I could get out of that k03s before it grenades... Hello 30+ psi..

before anyone else rips you a new one as its posted in lots of places here on the forum..  .xls files suck, save it as a .csv, no one is even going to DL that file most likely.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 03:10:22 PM by userpike » Logged
carsey

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2014, 03:27:44 PM »

I'll have a look at kfldrl.  Thanks.  The k03s, on a completely stock file was holding 10psi lovely.

As I said my me logger is being a pain at the moment so will get some logs from that when I work out what's causing error 8 on it.

I'll give a go of copying all the boost pid maps from a k03s and report back
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2014, 05:01:49 PM »

consider using ecuxplot to look at your .csv.

and as others have said, please don't upload .xls (or any other .csv).

The original is best, as it is guaranteed that plotting programs and other things can read it, and guarantees that all the headers are intact.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
carsey

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2014, 12:39:31 AM »

Only log i have from ME logger was when the car was on a totally standard k04 ecu file with the k03s and the rest of my mods.   Its attached if anyone wants a look.

Edit:

Swapped the KFLDRL maps over from the 032HN file, and rescaled the axis so all values are matched.  Also copied the KFLDIMX map over aswell to match the changes RPM axis.
Will have to try find some time through the week to flash it on and get it logged properly, see what its doing with the load map.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 12:53:00 AM by carsey » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: