Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Help Flashing a Unitronic ECU  (Read 14128 times)
stolenheartdealer

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2014, 08:54:04 AM »

You need to install the VCP drivers for your rosstech cable.

I actually tried this, uninstalled VCDS, went to manage devices and uninstalled, deleted the ross-tech driver, removed and reinserted the HEX+CAN cable and selected VCP and used an FTDI driver for the cable.  Maybe I did this incorrectly but it didn't work with Galletto.  I'll try again tonight but windows didn't seem to want me to do it, warnings every step of the way that it 'might not be right', you know how windows is... 'this isn't certified, are you sure?', 'the world may explode should you proceed, do it anyway?'  Grin

If anyone can link to detailed instructions that'd be helpful, otherwise I'll be searching later on tonight when I get home... TIA Smiley
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 08:57:38 AM by stolenheartdealer » Logged
ddillenger

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2014, 11:22:24 AM »

Download teamviewer, I will set it all up for you.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
stolenheartdealer

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2014, 11:34:11 AM »

Download teamviewer, I will set it all up for you.

That would be awesome, is there a time after 5 that's better for you? 

Really appreciate your help, I have heard so many people, techs, mechanics, forum nay-sayers, manufacturers, etc. proclaim how impossible it is to do everything it is that members of this forum are accomplishing.  I'm really excited and inspired to become involved myself.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2014, 03:14:18 PM »

Dillenger is one nice ass mofo.  Kiss

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
ddillenger

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2014, 03:20:56 PM »

That would be awesome, is there a time after 5 that's better for you? 

Really appreciate your help, I have heard so many people, techs, mechanics, forum nay-sayers, manufacturers, etc. proclaim how impossible it is to do everything it is that members of this forum are accomplishing.  I'm really excited and inspired to become involved myself.

It'll probably be around 10 Eastern time before I get home Sad

Email me (in my sig)

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
stolenheartdealer

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2014, 07:42:21 AM »

So many many thanks to ddillenger who helped get my ECU up and running Smiley

I was still puzzled as to where the drivers for my ross-tech HEX+CAN cable came from since I had tried the standard FTDI drivers already and the ones ddillenger installed were not it.  Searching VCP didn't turn up anything in the forums but...

Googling 'Virtual Com Port Ross Tech' I found this:
http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/usb/virtual-com-port.html

So should someone run into similar issues to what I have you'll need these unsupported 'dumb' drivers in addition to unchecking 'boot in intelligent mode' in VCDS to use the cable with Galletto
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: