Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bricked ecu/problems writing 29f400bt with minimon  (Read 8810 times)
teme69

« on: June 13, 2014, 07:53:42 AM »

EDC15VM+ 038906012FK from -03 Leon 1.9TDi stopped communicating via OBD after successful flash with mpps v13 and the car won't start. File must have been corrupted or something (cs was ok regarding winols and mpps).

VCDS, mpps, galletto or KWP2000+ cant't find the ecu. I can connect with galletto 1260 in bootmode using ME7.5 bootmode driver and it says "seed key ok", "no ecu information found". Writing is not possible with galletto ME7.5 driver (29fxxxbb) and there is no bootmode driver for 29f400bt.

I can connect with minimon in bootmode and with it I am able to erase each sectors in the flash but when trying to write ori file back I get error when about 190kb is programmed "error: programming not succesfull". Any ideas what could be the problem?

Please find attached my .ini file and 29f400 driver.

tjwasiak

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 08:01:04 AM »

I would try to desolder/re-flash/resolder...
teme69

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 08:39:46 AM »

I would try to desolder/re-flash/resolder...

Yes, that's what I would do if I only had a programmer and adapter for psop44.

So close writing .ori back with minimon if I could figure out what is wrong with .ini or driver.
tjwasiak

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 08:57:36 AM »

It might be just dying flash memory. That is why I would use external programmer...
ddillenger

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 09:13:34 AM »

MPPS doesn't like changing software versions. If that's what you did, reconnect with MPPS and flash the ori and it'll be fine.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
teme69

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 09:32:56 AM »

MPPS doesn't like changing software versions. If that's what you did, reconnect with MPPS and flash the ori and it'll be fine.

It was tuned file made from .ori so software version is the same as .ori. Can't connect with MPPS no matter what I do. Can only connect with galletto me7.5 bootmode driver (writing not possible) or minimon in bootmode.

tjwasiak

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2014, 09:33:58 AM »

I do not think it will help now as OP already erased flash and tried reflashing with the bin...
IMHO MPPS does not write whole file and this is why it is having issues with changing software versions.
teme69

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2014, 10:30:57 AM »

After I realised the car won't start I tried to reconnect with MPPS and other tools I have but no luck "ecu not found". Minimon was my last change for quick fix but now it seems that I have to buy willem programmer or similar and it takes about week to arrive if I order one today.  Undecided
ddillenger

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2014, 11:48:38 AM »

After I realised the car won't start I tried to reconnect with MPPS and other tools I have but no luck "ecu not found". Minimon was my last change for quick fix but now it seems that I have to buy willem programmer or similar and it takes about week to arrive if I order one today.  Undecided

Why can't you use the MPPS bootmode?

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
teme69

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2014, 01:04:44 PM »

Why can't you use the MPPS bootmode?

How to use MPPS bootmode? I tried to connect the MPPS cable to usb port, start MPPS software, ground pin 24 on 29f400bt, power the ecu, wait for 5-10 secons and then release ground cable, press ecu id button on MPPS, Nothing happens but the program hangs.
Voltage meter on MPPS stays on 0.00 even after applying power to the ecu. If I power the ecu before I start the program it shows correct voltage readings near 13v.   
ddillenger

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2014, 02:02:29 PM »

How to use MPPS bootmode? I tried to connect the MPPS cable to usb port, start MPPS software, ground pin 24 on 29f400bt, power the ecu, wait for 5-10 secons and then release ground cable, press ecu id button on MPPS, Nothing happens but the program hangs.
Voltage meter on MPPS stays on 0.00 even after applying power to the ecu. If I power the ecu before I start the program it shows correct voltage readings near 13v.   

You need to select generic under cars for bootmode.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
teme69

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2014, 12:19:44 AM »

You need to select generic under cars for bootmode.

Great info, thanks! Never realized that there is "generic" section under cars. I'll give it a try.
teme69

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2014, 09:17:49 AM »

This forum is so great! Flashing whit MPPS in bootmode was successful and now the car is up and running again. Thanks for your help!

I just had to modify my bench flash harness a little. MPPS cable requires external voltage all the time but ecu must have separate power switch to enable bootmode.   
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: