Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Help with turbo DC tables  (Read 6805 times)
Billy

« on: December 01, 2014, 05:01:48 AM »

Hi, could someone explain in simple terms, the turbo DC tables?

Does it look at KFLDIMX first to determine atmospheric pressure and use that result in KFLDRL to determine actual DC to the solonoid?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 01:38:13 PM »

http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning#Boost

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Billy

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 05:13:04 AM »

Ok, I've been reading and reading about this and still struggling.

Can anyone confirm the x axis in KFLDIMX, is it boost pressure or atmospheric pressure?
aef

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 05:29:06 AM »

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=3280.msg33071#msg33071
spacey3

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 05:42:23 AM »

Ok, I've been reading and reading about this and still struggling.

Can anyone confirm the x axis in KFLDIMX, is it boost pressure or atmospheric pressure?

Think there's lots of information about DC tables. In Nyet's words from this post http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=4084.0

KFLDIMX should be tuned (roughly) to where you think your long term WGDC (pre-linearization) should settle at for a given boost/rpm

The x-axis is boost pressure (desired I think)
Billy

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 07:59:13 AM »

Ok so bare with me please.
Am I right in thinking that during spool up only, KFLDIMX is used as an initial duty to quickly reach that pressure? eg at 3000 rpm I wish to request 1000mbar it would apply 75% DC.

Then when it has reached that pressure KFLDRL takes over and now the 75% DC becomes 80% DC? Although looking at it now that can't be right??

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 11:25:24 AM »

Ok so bare with me please.
Am I right in thinking that during spool up only, KFLDIMX is used as an initial duty to quickly reach that pressure? eg at 3000 rpm I wish to request 1000mbar it would apply 75% DC.

Then when it has reached that pressure KFLDRL takes over and now the 75% DC becomes 80% DC? Although looking at it now that can't be right??

Not quite. On spool up, most of the DC comes from the P contribution (Q0) because lde is so big.

As lde spends time being non-zero, the I contribution builds (Q1) and eventually reaches its maximum value (IMX), so when lde is zero, the P contribution is zero, but the I contribution is at max.

Finally, KFLDRL is ALWAYS in effect, and corrects the output of the PID, always.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Billy

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 08:39:50 AM »

Ok, thanks for that, still a bit baffled but little bits are sinking in the more I read
Lost

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 08:57:56 AM »

Ok, thanks for that, still a bit baffled but little bits are sinking in the more I read

I think Nyet explained It pretty simple for you.
Now, open your TP or OlS, take a look at those maps Nyet suggested and try too make sense of it.
Billy

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2014, 02:57:08 AM »

It might be simple for some. I'll keep chewing at it.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2014, 09:37:05 AM »

It might be simple for some. I'll keep chewing at it.

You'll probably want to do some independent reading on PIDs. It is a very complex topic.

ECUx Plot

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: