Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Increase DSG clutch pressure  (Read 5761 times)
AleS3

« on: January 20, 2015, 12:28:59 PM »

Hi guys,
i have a clutch slipping issue with an S3 tfsi stronic stage 2 hpfp upgrade, 1.8 peakboost 1.5 constant.
Before tuning the gearbox i thought about dsg torque cut but after dsg remap i still have the same issue in high gear full load.
i have already raised the torque computed by the ECM and passed to the TCU to increase the clutch pressure but as shown in log i don't manage to go over 13bar....i know that the limit is 20 bar and i found some maps that relates the current of modulation valves to the clutch pressure as well as torque to requested pressure but i have no better results modding them till now...
Can someone help me?..i know that some pro tuners get to increase clutch pressure and that 13 bar is a sort of limit not so easy to overcome....It is attached the Dsg ori file, a TCU log with clutch pressure etc... and a map pack with torque/pressure related maps already identified...thanks!

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 12:59:19 PM »

FYI: the system max pressure is 31-32 bar before the relief valve opens. with that said .... what is the clutch adaptations ? check this out  .. http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/6-Speed_Direct_Shift_Gearbox_(DSG/02E) . have you gone there ? When was the last time you changed the fluid and filter ? If I remeber the DSG needs to be serviced every 36,000 miles ( filter and fluid ). Hope this helps you .

Lee

Poor quality lingers long after the price is forgotten ....
AleS3

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 03:04:41 AM »

FYI: the system max pressure is 31-32 bar before the relief valve opens. with that said .... what is the clutch adaptations ? check this out  .. http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/6-Speed_Direct_Shift_Gearbox_(DSG/02E) . have you gone there ? When was the last time you changed the fluid and filter ? If I remeber the DSG needs to be serviced every 36,000 miles ( filter and fluid ). Hope this helps you .

Lee

Yes i tried clutch adaptations and change oil+filter few time ago; maybe my clutches are worn or the torque is too high but what i'm asking for is if someone know how to increase clutch pressure over 13bar that is a sort of DSG sw limit hard to overcome...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: