Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tuning petrol engines  (Read 3142 times)
nght

« on: January 27, 2015, 02:11:56 AM »

Hi dears,
I was checking some information about petrol engines this week because almost everything I have seen before was about diesel engines.

So I would like to know if someone can help me with some questions.

-For a normal tuning on a diesel engine normally you have to touch/check the DW, boost, torque limiter and map limiter (And if going deeper SOI, duration, etc) in that order. For petrol I understand the maps and order is quite different, if I understood it right the order is DW, boost map, fuel map (AFR) right? (And again SOI, duration, spark advance if going deeper)

Am I right? Or petrol engines also have a torque limiter? I guess I could self reply this to myself but I have not been able to find the workflow of decisions for petrol engine ECUs Sad
TCSTigersClaw

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 02:40:01 AM »

It really depends on what ECU you are tuning . Generally there are Torque limiters yes  . Spark advance is very important ,not for "going deeper" as you said.

ME7 works with Torque model ,you won`t find any boost maps ,fueling is much more complicated than EDC`s too.. Smiley

VAG cars newbie tuner Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: