Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I know how I normally do it...ain't gonna work this time....Need help.  (Read 4145 times)
Stevonator

I do a lot of module replacements for shops in my area. GM, Ford, and Chrysler I use factory software. Often used modules. On occasion I get calls on New Beetles 02-03-ish and other VAG cars with dead pcm's or other stuff like shorted injector drivers etc. Most of these I have had good luck with simply transferring the 95040 chip to the new (used) ECU and we all have a nice day. I normally never have access to the donor vehicle or the PIN for that vehicle. The ECU's come from a core supplier and are stacked by the thousands on shelves and the numbers matched up. Trying to find a better way and also solve a current problem.

I do have a Vagcom with a usb-hex-can. I have also been reading up on Argdub's read/write software. But I have some questions....

1. Will manual chip moving work on a gen 4 Immo?

2. Do I,or do I not need to be in bootmode to retrieve the pin from a donor ecu? (If I have to open a box I can swap the IC's in 10 minutes and KNOW the job will go well and I won't have to screw with key learns. Basically most of the time I will only be cloning. Looking for best methods to do this.....doesn't even necessarily have to be free. I prefer to leave immo intact as these are not my cars.

3. My current problem child is an 06 Rabbit......They no longer have the original PCM.......how do I fix it? They have a pcm for an 07 now an obviously want it fixed.

Thanks in advance!
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 11:19:18 AM »

06 to 07 ecus drastically differ. That's a non-starter in itself. You're likely to end up with a TON of faults. That gen ecu can't be crossflashed either as the IROM stores a great deal of code that won't match between the versions.

As for argdubs, typically you don't need to be in boot to read the pin, but you have very little (maybe 5 percent) chance of using it on the 07K ecu over OBD.

You can put the rabbit ecu into bootmode and read the pin, or you can desolder the 95160 and read it in a chipreader to retrieve the login.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Stevonator

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 07:40:13 PM »

Should this still be Immo 3? I will check and make sure the ECU they have is compatible based on your input....thanks. So if I'm thinking correctly I will have to pull the PIN out of the replacement ecu.....and the vehicle PIN out of the cluster, then write the vehicle PIN to the ECU...

So I need Argdub to get the ECU Pin, Can use Vagcom to change it.....what's my options to pull the pin from the cluster? I don't have a Tacho cable.....anything software based here?

What software to read line 12/13/22/23 of the .bin? Tunerpro? Thanks for the help! This is difficult for me because I don't have a car to experiment with although I am going to set up a bench rig.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 07:44:42 PM by Stevonator » Logged
Stevonator

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 04:57:29 PM »

So I pulled an 06 A6 pcm today.....It's a Siemens unit instead of a Bosch....I imagine this is what you were referring to? Also found it interesting that the pcm connectors had a bracket of the connectors with tamper resistant bolts!!!!!  Shocked That's certainly a first for me! You guys must have really made them mad....lol. I acquired both the PCM and the connectors for "investigative purposes"  Grin

The Rabbit is just a Bosch 7.1.1 box.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: