Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Seat SuperCopa , tuning issue , MED9  (Read 4602 times)
Claus A / TCS

« on: February 09, 2015, 07:06:54 AM »

Hi

Question , i am trying to tune a old race car , that have a "bastard " sw , It seems to be a "bosch-motorsport alterd sw for regulated racing purpose "

I have not found any other stock software that matches this one and i can alter some minor things in the sw , but other areas cause the sw to go into limphome , with a max rpm limiter of 2000 rpm .

wish to get a straight boost of 2500 mbar Abs all the way to the limiter that i wish to set at 7250 rpm , but the sw intervents to do it correct .

I use  CMD for flashing , with CS corr , and have also tryed to BDM it with Winols and the CS corr - no difference

Best Regards
Claus A / TCS

Any ideas ?
MIL_on

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 07:26:12 AM »

attach your mod file please, so it is easier to see if you forgot something or if the own approach would have been the same.
rothcl

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 03:01:45 AM »

Hello Claus,

Next week I will try to program the exact same ECU, maybe we can share experiences. I also have an original ECU with the 330hp "mod" from Seat Sport.

rgds

Claude
TCSTigersClaw

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 12:58:57 AM »

where are you guys racing ? I thought Tuning ECU is illegal in Copa ? Smiley

VAG cars newbie tuner Smiley
rothcl

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 07:27:34 AM »

Hi, as the mK2 Supercopa is not elligibly anymore in the official Seat Cup, we race it in various series where we can basically do whatever we want to the ECU  Grin

rgds
salex

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 10:56:05 AM »

Claus, I have had the joy of tuning a newer firmware version of the Bosch Motorsport Copa ECU. Had no issues like what you describe - that was about a year ago.
Your version seems ok in terms of checksums too in Winols. Everything is there.
Based on your description, what is happening is a checksum problem. That is the only case when MED9 ecus produce a safe mode and allow you to go only up to 2000rpm.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 11:04:45 AM by salex » Logged
rothcl

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 09:17:34 AM »

@Claus:

I see that you modified LDPBN, LDRXN and KFLDHBN. And then there are a few more changes in the hex that I have not yet defined, can you please explain?

rgds
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: