Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How to program these ME7 in human readable format? What language, how to show?  (Read 3405 times)
Mechsoldier

So, I know how to code somewhat, and eventually I want to add some functionality to my tunes, like for example, if I could make it control water methanol injection or something, that would be awesome in the long run.

I know how to do some basic coding in other languages, like C++ or Basic. And I've seen people on here throw up some very basic if this value < such and such then mil on else mil off.

What language is used in these, how do I make it human readable, how do I begin to look at doing things like this? I'm motivated, and I ahve a cousin who's a great programmer, but I'd like to find out the basics before I go to him and ask him to help me do some in depth things.

I've searched, but it seems like every time I search, I don't come up with any results, then my friend Marty magically gets the search to work and I feel like an idiot.

Can somebody point me in the general direction of some reading material so I can understand how to begin doing some basic coding with subroutines, etc?

Thanks guys, I've learned so much from here, and I want to see what I can do. ME7 would be great, they're my bread and butter.
nyet
Administrator

So, I know how to code somewhat, and eventually I want to add some functionality to my tunes, like for example, if I could make it control water methanol injection or something, that would be awesome in the long run.

I know how to do some basic coding in other languages, like C++ or Basic. And I've seen people on here throw up some very basic if this value < such and such then mil on else mil off.

What language is used in these, how do I make it human readable, how do I begin to look at doing things like this? I'm motivated, and I ahve a cousin who's a great programmer, but I'd like to find out the basics before I go to him and ask him to help me do some in depth things.

I've searched, but it seems like every time I search, I don't come up with any results, then my friend Marty magically gets the search to work and I feel like an idiot.

Can somebody point me in the general direction of some reading material so I can understand how to begin doing some basic coding with subroutines, etc?

Thanks guys, I've learned so much from here, and I want to see what I can do. ME7 would be great, they're my bread and butter.

Learn ASM.

IDA pro.

This is probably the wrong place to start if you've had zero exposure to ASM.

When you complie a c program, what happens?

Do you know how processors execute a compiled program?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Mechsoldier

I know I need to learn a language or two. I know when compilers put things together they translate it into a format the computer understands. Whether that's binary or hex or what...I don't know.

But I've written some Java, and I've written some c++ yeas ago. And what I want to write is very basic if then statements.

Thanks for the answer.

Learn ASM.

IDA pro.

This is probably the wrong place to start if you've had zero exposure to ASM.

When you complie a c program, what happens?

Do you know how processors execute a compiled program?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: