Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Suggestions on how to fix Golf 4 Neuspeed supercharger tune  (Read 41661 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2015, 11:24:20 AM »

I'd have to dig through the thousands of pages of EPA standards but I seem to remember reading that in decel fuel cut the vehicle should go into open loop. In fact I think there is even a status bit for it in the mode 1 requests.

For accel enrichment I believe it should be the same deal but not 100% certain. I haven't found a big need for this because accel enrichments usually involve a stab of the throttle and a corresponding jump in load so the settling time passes before the values are used. In any event the script is quick and dirty but quite effective. Any chance you could try to log such a thing to verify? I have not had any luck using me7logger on this ecu.

accel/decel is not just pedal position change. It refers to increasing/decreasing load (req or actual)

fuel cuttoff is an entirely different topic, as is open loop fueling... in general increasing load fueling will NOT go open loop, except if req lambda<1 (BTS, LAMFA, etc).

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
OrBy

« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2015, 05:26:17 PM »

Not trying to thread jack but this seems like a good place to ask.

I have a Canadian 2008 City Golf (MK4) 2.0L BEV with the Neuspeed SC on it running a ME7.1.1/06A906032RF ECU that Neuspeed "tuned".
Aside from the SC it's got a TT268/260 cam and a PFlow intake but the rest of the engine is stock.

It's been my daily since I drove it off the lot and has run well so far - but reading the comments about how poor the tune is I am wondering if it's time I looked at the tune to make sure it keeps running right. (I always heard rumors it was bad.)

I have backup the NS tune and eeprom (boot mode with a home made bench cable) - learned how to SOFF everything, and I got my orig file from NS as well. (just in case I need to pull the SC off I can just swap in a cloned ECU with my orig file - I picked up a 2nd ECU cheap).

I have no problems flashing things and doing simple stuff, but the tuning side I have zero experience with (I am not really a car guy - I fix PC's all day) and the comments here are making me think it would be a bad place to start. With that being said does anyone have a suggestion for who to talk to about getting a improved tune done for this oddball setup? (If it's even worth it since I am likely not going to be doing anymore to it since its my DD.)
hackish

« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2015, 11:33:21 PM »

The trouble with the car I had to fix up is that it was a basket case of previous owners and mods that deviated from the original NS setup. It started as a favour to help a friend's son but I'm no stranger to tuning. While I'm new to the Bosch thing I bring with me 15 years of experience in tuning and working factory calibrations. While it ran horribly on this car I suspect it would have run acceptably with a proper set of components.

So don't assume your NS tune is that bad. Also don't assume it will be easy to fix if it isn't great. You probably have to find someone in your area to look at it. Trouble is, only about 1 in 10 tuners are good enough that I'd allow them to tune my grass cutting equipment.
DT

« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2015, 01:23:57 AM »

...  My intent is to share the script once I've cleaned it up and made it easier to configure. It does work on a unix machine so I assume that will include OSX and I've tested it on windows too.
Any news?

OrBy

« Reply #64 on: December 23, 2015, 10:01:58 AM »

You probably have to find someone in your area to look at it. Trouble is, only about 1 in 10 tuners are good enough that I'd allow them to tune my grass cutting equipment.

No one does custom tunes local for VW's where I am here up in the frozen north. Closest Canadian tuner is over 2300km away - if they even will want to look at it is another question entirely.
hackish

« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2015, 01:15:55 PM »

Any news?

I've been too busy lately. I had to shift to the next project for a bit so I haven't had time to work on it.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: