Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME 5.9.2 tuning  (Read 3114 times)
seanf

« on: November 14, 2015, 01:25:07 PM »

I've been searching and trying to find what I'm looking for, I have a 1997 A4 1.8T quattro with a 557N ECU, picked up a spare ECU today thats 558M, from what I read that one will work just fine so I would like to play around with some tuning, just for more passing power as the 150hp stock is a little lagging, I have a blue KKL cable I use for reading IMMO pins for K commander but I can't seem to make sense of getting started tuning the ECU, I would like to flash it in the car if possible but I can make a bench flashing cable if I have to.
Placebo

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 03:01:06 PM »

Can't read but can flash this ECU using mpps.  I got mpps and cable from ebay. I was in same boat as u about 9 mo ago.  Found this 558m bin from files section and also this complete winols map pack.  I made a bench flashing harness using a ECU cable I cutoff from a Passat at a salvage yard.  Harness is handy because you need to supply 12v to pin 44 ( or is it maybe 41?) when flashing.

I did not know much when I started tuning my 97 a4 AEB and still a Newby but with tons of reading here I pretty much figured out how to do boost, timing and fueling.

Best of luck

seanf

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 03:07:48 PM »

Can't read but can flash this ECU using mpps.  I got mpps and cable from ebay. I was in same boat as u about 9 mo ago.  Found this 558m bin from files section and also this complete winols map pack.  I made a bench flashing harness using a ECU cable I cutoff from a Passat at a salvage yard.  Harness is handy because you need to supply 12v to pin 44 ( or is it maybe 41?) when flashing.

I did not know much when I started tuning my 97 a4 AEB and still a Newby but with tons of reading here I pretty much figured out how to do boost, timing and fueling.

Best of luck

thats basically what I'd like to do, I just want to create a stage1 type tune, just have no idea how to edit maps, guess its back to the salvage yard tomorrow to cut off the ecu harness plugs and the OBD plug under the dash from the passat I grabbed the ECM from.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: