Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 20vt 3" maf and 384cc inj changes  (Read 6687 times)
6L20vt

« on: May 23, 2016, 12:53:54 AM »

hello, yesterday mount 3 "maf and 384cc / min injector, from a leon cupra r (bam).

I made the basic changes to operate these two changes, I applied the krkte and kvb for fueling, and mlhfm and mlmax for maf.

the car feels good, but I lost about 15-20 g / s reading at wot maf.

Fueling the demand is close to the ecu, although this a little idle rich. I tested the krkte value of s3 / tt with (bam), and is poorer, not really because leon cupra krkte uses this value using the same injectors in all cases. you may use another fpr audi ?.

well, I would like to help me with this, because I want to adjust these changes before putting the new turbo I'll buy. in logs before changing this, getting readings of 185g / s at 6800-6900.
maf sensor in both are the same, that has left me thinking, and I've read that there were iguales.puede might not be correct for this maf sensor housing ?. I tested the two sensors with similar results.

thank you for your help
6L20vt

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 01:00:56 AM »

maf sensor ref in both cases is f00c 262 049
littco

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 09:08:57 AM »

maf sensor ref in both cases is f00c 262 049

In theory as you are running an 049 maf sensor which is wideband it should be ok with the the bam r mlhfm map.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 09:11:02 AM by littco » Logged
6L20vt

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 09:16:08 AM »

In theory as you are running an 049 maf sensor which is wideband it should be ok with the the bam r mlhfm map.

It is strange, that may be going to vary both the extent of g / s have not touched anything else besides injectors and maf.
Can you see my mlhfm map? I compare all bam files and have the same curve but....

Thanks littco
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 09:25:42 AM by 6L20vt » Logged
littco

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 01:21:21 AM »

It is strange, that may be going to vary both the extent of g / s have not touched anything else besides injectors and maf.
Can you see my mlhfm map? I compare all bam files and have the same curve but....

Thanks littco

personally I wouldn't worry too much about the maf readings, as long as you understand they relate to Load and therefore are used as axis for the maps then it doesn't really matter as you then can compensate on the maps when you tune and log..

Now if the reduction in maf has come from say restriction in the maf housing then it is worth looking at, but then its a physical thing not a map issue.

worth checking  MLOFS is the same , which I imagine it is and if it really bothers you then scale the Bam map up so it matches your old maf readings..

6L20vt

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 01:14:17 PM »

really, what I want is to see where I was wrong, because I think I should read the same. I have not changed anything more than the diameter maf, and I changed what in theory is the map that interprets the reading. if you do not read the same or similar then you may be missing some other map? I have read of several people using the full maf, they have simply copied mlhfm and it worked well. or should I use something else? I'm confused. thanks for your help littco
6L20vt

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 03:27:04 AM »

Hello, this morning I have been researching the subject a little, I went to my dealer parts, and I had in hand an original bosch maf lcr / s3. We have looked at the sensor and effectively is the same in my original maf, and the lcr I buy used. therefore there is no doubt that the difference has to be for some wrong map, or is it really is reading less. What do you think? Thank you
6L20vt

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2016, 12:21:29 PM »

I suspect the fault is not in my software, for more I read everyone says that putting the map of 512x1 should work well. I dismounted once more my sensor, and I have found that this inpregnado with oil my filter, which reminded me I did cleaning and change oil K & N and maybe the filter is saturated or very wet, and there I drop g / s. What is your opinion?
6L20vt

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2016, 02:20:21 PM »

resolved! I returned to clean the filter and I cleaned the MAF and read as before, finally I used the krkte audi s3 and now works much better. Thank you
316LV

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2016, 04:03:59 PM »

MAF sensors and 'wet' intake filters don't mix well. I recommend a stock paper filter. I just bought a Audi B6 that came with a K&N filter... And a can of MAF cleaner in the trunk. I wasn't surprised. I threw the K&N in a box.

Go ahead and give me negative karma... I don't care if you like what I post princess.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: