Pages: [1]
Author Topic: EDC15/16 immo pin extraction  (Read 3259 times)
dieseldub

« on: December 29, 2015, 12:55:20 PM »

Some excellent information and tools I've found on this forum so far, but most of it seems geared towards the gasser crowd.

I am wondering if arg's extraction tool can retrieve pin #s from diesel ECMs as well? The main reason I ask is I've had two customer vehicles where the instrument cluster went dead and we had to replace it with a used one. Immo 3 cars in particular seem to require you to have the vehicle's original pin number to match a new/used cluster. I have a VAG Tacho that can easily extract the original pin from a cluster, but if you have a fried cluster that you cannot communicate with, I cannot extract the vehicle's original pin # which the engine computer is currently matched to.

I did an immo 2 car recently that was easy enough. It did not need the vehicle's original pin, it just needed the pin of the used cluster I was installing so it could reset to match the car. Then just manually changed the mileage to match what was found in the EDC15 mileage application with VCDS, set my coding to match what the car should of had originally, match the key(s) and call it a day.

Immo 3 isn't as easy, unfortunately.

Any help for the diesels or at least point me to someone who does know?
turbojohan

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 12:45:24 PM »

Have you got eeprom file from ecu?
You can solder over chip from dash into new dash.
Or read old dash software and write into new one if still wants to read..

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: