Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cross flashing  (Read 3768 times)
VAP0RTRA1L

« on: December 31, 2015, 10:43:35 AM »

New to posting but not new to this site as I've had my account for quite some time now.

I have a 2001 VW Golf 1.8t 06a906032DL and I'm starting to get my feet wet with some reading and defining files - Thanks to vdubnation and this sensational video which has led me to numerous other videos helping me immensely.

I also wanted to give a shout out to k0mpressd for his prior help in getting my software up and running back when I first joined.

I have been reading and I spotted a post living within the "rate my logs"  that has me slightly confused and I'd like it if someone can shed some light on this for me: Original post from cclassen - http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5939.0

I'm specifically referring to the post from ddilinger near the bottom that states:
I don't add antilag to anything ecufix doesn't support. Half the time the files still have checksum errors and end up not starting. winOLS hates custom code.

Sorry man.

Switch to the 032RN software and I will help out.
Please explain what you mean here. I understand the whole thing as to why you don't stray from ECUfix but what did you mean in saying about switching to the 032RN software and how is this accomplished? I know that all these vags  Roll Eyes have their own individual base file amongst the ECU data and that they are more or less made specific to the model and year but how do you just switch software?
Is there something I am missing or is it as easy as using the RN map instead of the DL?

I remember PM'ing k0mpressd about using a different map when I had my A4 but I'm wondering if I'm over-complicating this...
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 01:16:05 PM by nyet » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 01:14:04 PM »

I fixed your post. use the "quote" tags like this to make a quote:

Code:
text
[quote]
this is a quote
[/quote]
more text

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 01:15:28 PM »

I know that all these vags  Roll Eyes have their own individual base file amongst the ECU data and that they are more or less made specific to the model and year but how do you just switch software?
Is there something I am missing or is it as easy as using the RN map instead of the DL?

If the ECU is crossflashable, you use a different base file and map.

Also, in the future, please make your topic something informative. It helps others if they can see what a thread is about w/o having to click on it.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ddillenger

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016, 01:19:29 PM »

DL is immo2. You can use immo3 software (032RN) if you use the matching eeprom and immo off.

Otherwise, if you use custom code make sure you're actually using free RAM, not that used by RSA verification (as is the problem I was speaking of in the quote).

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: