Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BTS and Lamfa (KFFDLBTS*KFDLBTS)  (Read 5405 times)
golfputtputt

« on: February 29, 2016, 11:45:07 PM »

Could someone give me an idea of what values to set KFFDLBTS and KFDLBTS to? I want to keep them for ignition angle efficiency.

I keep finding examples of maps for KFLBTS so I have an Idea of how to lay out those values but they will be modified by KFFDLBTS and KFDLBTS too and all these huge maps with different curve patterns are confusing the hell out of me.

Running a 1.8t on 93. I'd like to touch on LAMFAWKR eventually to complete the tuning strategy mapped out on the S4 wiki but I'm having trouble putting together BTS.

I've read through the KFLBTS vs LAMFA thread a few times. All 30+ pages and it's very confusing to me.

I'm looking to use LAMFA to set to lean best torque on WOT, then have BTS take over until 12-11.9 AFR, possibly a little richer. Then I'm hoping to draw TABG back and get knock based enrichment in place.

TABG set to 900 now.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 11:50:52 PM by golfputtputt » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 12:04:33 AM »

Could someone give me an idea of what values to set KFFDLBTS and KFDLBTS to? I want to keep them for ignition angle efficiency.

So leave them stock.

I'm looking to use LAMFA to set to lean best torque on WOT

Might not be what you want on pumpgas if you have knock at peak tq.

then have BTS take over until 12-11.9 AFR, possibly a little richer.

"take over" is meaningless. The lowest one wins.

If you don't want a ton of enrich, numb KFLBTS. If you don't want ignition angle efficiency messing with that, numb KFFLDLBTS and/or KFDLBTS

Not sure what is so confusing Sad

lambts = KFLBTS, and enriched further (additively) by [KF]DLBTS*KFFDLBTS

KFFDLBTS is always negative, so DLBTS is always an additive enriching factor.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 12:19:53 AM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
golfputtputt

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 12:28:05 AM »

It seems like i'd want both. Ignition angle efficiency modifiers to kflbts resulting in overall bts. Kffdlbts and kfdlbts are important to bts fuel calculations. I think thats the part im confused about. These tables (kffdl and kfdl) are quite erratic though so its difficult to coordinate with kfl and get the afr i want.

i think im most confused about why i should or shouldnt 0 out kffd and kfd. I know its way simpler to just use kfl but it seems important.
Do people usually just 0 these and set kfl and not worry and move on to lamfawkr? It seems there are subtleties to bts that i should want in place...

Is there any way to log the output of kffd and kfd?

Also, i dont think i have knock at peak torque so far, i know i have a bit of knock signal but its not full blown swings. Most of my knock signal is up at 6500 rpm, i'll check my logs again but if so i'll lower lamfa to rich best torque and relog.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 12:34:16 AM by golfputtputt » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 12:39:36 AM »

yes, you can just zero them out to simplify things.

If you add in the KR maps, you're probably safe.

You can't log them w/o finding the ram location of dlambts

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
golfputtputt

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 12:48:51 AM »

Thanks
golfputtputt

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 08:42:35 AM »

sorry wrong thread.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: