Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Which ECUs can accept another's flash?  (Read 4330 times)
tobz

« on: September 08, 2011, 04:38:29 PM »

So I'm getting to the point where I want to tune my own car.  I've been trying to read thru s4wiki for the tuning steps, etc etc.

Now, ideally, I want an ECU with a DAMOS or XDF because finding the appropriate maps seems like double the work of actually tuning it. :O I have an 06A906032NK - there don't seem to be *any* DAMOS files or XDFs from my ECU... womp womp.  I toyed with the idea of getting another ECU that has a DAMOS/XDF for it... but that's another $100 - $200 that I could keep in my pocket. 

So my question for all of you guys is..... what do we know about flashing a binary from another ECU when it comes to VW ECUs?  I know the S4 ECUs have a lot of interchangability binary-wise, but that information seems to be slim to none for the VW side of things.

If I could flash something else to my ECU, that would be so fucking mint.  Smiley
tobz

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 07:32:41 PM »

Nobody here has any idea? Really?  Undecided
AmIdYfReAk

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 03:07:06 PM »

There really is no way to know other then having the Damos and compairing.

considering No one makes it for that model, grab another ECU, or start flashing your stock one till it works.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: