Pages: [1]
Author Topic: med9 maf tuning  (Read 5247 times)
ktm733

« on: June 30, 2016, 12:56:00 PM »

Not trying too clutter the noob section but I think I have a noob question that might help alot of people with a similar problem.
Recently bought a a3 2.0t totally stock except a cai. This cai piping from neuspeed is causing a check engine light for learn under part throttle. I have narrowed it down to the maf housing of this neuspeed intake. How do I go about tuning this correctly?
Can I use the me7 maf housing calculator?
I don't know where to start when tuning for aftermarket intake.
ktm733

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 06:20:15 AM »

After reading and I think I'm going to unplug the maf, tune the car. Then once everything looks good. Plug the maf in with 16 psi only and see what fueling does. Is my thinking atleast in the correct direction?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 07:06:46 AM »

No. Pointless. Get hardware working right first, always. Why tune for something that is broken?

This in particular is a dumb idea, since no MAF means the ECU has no idea what load is and it is just guessing. EVERYTHING in a tune depends on load. Why in the world would you think this is a good idea? If you can't even get the MAF right, what kind of tuning are you hoping to get right because tuning the MAF is "too hard"? Tongue

If you can't tune around the CAI problems, get rid of the CAI. It's never going to run right.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 07:09:06 AM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ktm733

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 10:47:07 AM »

Can you help me understand something. I unplugged maf and I still get the code too lean off idle. So that crossed out the intake problem, Logged hpfp and lpfp, everything seemed fine. I have zero leaks! I boost leak test and even smoked the car. Everything is up too date on it, cam lobe is new ect.. could this be because pcv? Reading up on the pcv system this is what it states.

If a boost pressure is present in the intake
manifold, a one-way valve in the pressure
control valve housing closes and the blowby
gases flow into the cylinder head cover
ahead of the turbocharger. The system can
detect faulty installation of the pressure
control valve. Unmetered air is detected by
the reaction of the oxygen sensor.

reading this makes me thing my pcv is faulty. Am I heading in the right direction?
vwaudiguy

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 11:06:47 AM »

This problem sounds familiar...

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
ktm733

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2016, 11:38:49 AM »

There's another guy with the same exact problem, he's already posted about it and coincidently my car suffers from the same thing. His is Daz tuned FYI.
I'm actually messaging him to figure this problem out.
I believe it has too be the pcv. I've exhausted every other route.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2016, 09:34:21 PM »

Yup, that was the guy...

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: