Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Launch control for Vr6 engines including the r32?  (Read 8261 times)
Mechsoldier

« on: September 20, 2016, 12:31:53 PM »

Hey there I was wondering if the procedure for doing launch control is the same on the vr engines? I have some people interested both on cars with aftermarket turbos and also just a couple guys who want it for the novelty of popping and splitting flames.

I searched but can't really find info on naturally aspirated csrs and launch control please advise
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 12:34:55 PM »

Zero benefit on N/A, for obvious reasons.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 01:39:18 PM »

Zero benefit on N/A, for obvious reasons.

I wouldn't say zero. Some people aren't able to consistently launch a car. Drag racing FWD I could see the benefit.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 03:06:16 PM »

A soft rev limiter works just fine in those applications; no need for crazy ignition games.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 04:19:51 PM »

A soft rev limiter works just fine in those applications; no need for crazy ignition games.

Agreed. I suppose "launch control" could mean a few different things.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
_nameless

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 03:10:39 AM »

12v you need to find the vaiables and patch manually. 24 valve you need to find ftonm manually

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Mechsoldier

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 07:47:50 PM »

I know there's no benefit believe me. I argued with the fucking guy about it and even told him it may even make it slower slightly because the rich condition.

The guy wants it because he fucking wants to impress his friends or some shit.

So I need to know how to do it.

And secondly I have quite a few turbo vrs and ststuff I mess with. So if anybody could walk me through that would be great.
vwmaniac

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 08:31:06 PM »

I added it to my R32 swap with no lift, works fine. As for launching it doed help a little bit if you can tune it to suit your needs. In order to spit flames you have to have the no lift setting at the same as your launch. This has a side effect of creating loud bang when shit normally close to the setting rpm.... so yeah that's not really cool
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 08:35:46 PM by vwmaniac » Logged
mister t

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2016, 12:21:16 PM »

So how exactly does one go about the no lift shifting (and launch control I guess) on an ME7.1.1 N/A engine?

I have a second 4.2 S4 (2004, 6 speed 560A ECU) that I'm hoping to get on the road in the next few months and it might be nice to add that feature.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2016, 01:44:21 PM »

tap tap tap

Is this this on?

ECUx Plot

Mechsoldier

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2016, 01:19:09 AM »

tap tap tap

Is this this on?

I see what you said but I'm also talking about turbocharged VR6 engines. Is that going to give me boost?
mister t

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2016, 06:13:49 PM »

tap tap tap

Is this this on?

Lol, assume that I know nothing and explain it from there.

Soft rev limiter doesn't mean anything in and of itself. How and where are the changes made. Also, how and what are the changes which would enable no lift shifting?
vwmaniac

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2016, 07:36:59 PM »

Well, it would be best to look at the function broken down in assembly like ida. It shows exactly how when where and what the function works and what it uses from the factory software to do it. I can confirm that using the auto add script work on 022 906 032 eg software for North American r32's. As far as V8 s4 it can be made to work but I don't know anyone with a hard limiter working. It really helps to have a good foundation of understanding before you jump into the auto add script.
vwmaniac

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2016, 08:20:32 AM »

On a side note, this function does work on 12v vr6 but the auto add script will not work alone. You must manually change some values, this is why it is important to know the inner working of the function as well as the software your adding it to.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: