Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Proper way of cleaning trims between bank with KFBS  (Read 3964 times)
vdubnation
Turboman
Global Moderator

« on: July 24, 2016, 06:19:25 PM »

Whats the proper way of cleaning up fuel trims between banks with KFBS ?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 06:57:31 PM »

Whats the proper way of cleaning up fuel trims between banks with KFBS ?

I've never really seen a bank mismatch that was bad enough that it needed tuning out... big differences usually indicate hardware/mechanical issues

ymmv.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
nubcake

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 03:20:13 AM »

Well, what comes to mind: log STFTs for both banks long enough, then run them separately through something like FKKVS fixer and overlay both tables. Apply consistent differences to KFBS.

That being said, I agree with nyet here. If the difference is within 2-3%, you're mostly chasing shadows. I mean, even if you "perfect it out" for a given day, then one of the O2 sensors gets replaced with a new one that is 2% off (or something like that), and all your work goes into the dumpster.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 07:22:34 AM by nubcake » Logged
vwaudiguy

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 07:09:24 AM »

Maybe wg preload differences causing back pressure differences between banks? Just a thought.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
vdubnation
Turboman
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 08:12:55 AM »

I've never really seen a bank mismatch that was bad enough that it needed tuning out... big differences usually indicate hardware/mechanical issues

ymmv.

Oh I know but the 2-3% bothers me and have seen it in the last couple months alot . Idle trims will be within .1 but partials always 2-3 percent.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2016, 11:06:32 AM »

There are a million other things that a tune can always use work on than worrying about that ... unless you have a hardware problem.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: