Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I need help and advice  (Read 2693 times)
B56

« on: October 12, 2016, 08:04:27 AM »

Hi All,

SUMMARY VERSION:

I have a fully built car that needs to be tuned with an unknown injector size and some crazy maf that no one uses and I'm starting with a stage 3 gt tune from another setup.

I have read the s4 wiki and tried to follow along reading several threads. I'm willing to pay someone good money to tune this car. Im also willing to do it myself, but i feel its way over my head with my current setup.

Any advice?

LONG STORY:
As the subject states, I need help and/or advice. Im probably in the worst situation one could possibly be in regarding getting their car tuned. I feel i have no place else to turn to other than this forum for help.

I have B5 S4.

My last setup was running stock 2.7 bottom end with upgraded rods, stock pistons, APB heads with upgraded valve train and 2.8 intake cams, and GT2860rs turbos. I had this setup dyno tuned by a well known tuner. I purchased the tuners fueling kit which included bosch ev14 injectors(im not sure what the flow rate is) and a new MAF. The maf is not a hitachi or bosch, i believe its a Pro-M 80 MAF. The tune ran fine with the hardware.

I decided to change my setup a few months ago. Before i made any changes, I contacted my tuner and asked if they would support my changes and retune the car for me and they agreed to help with the tune. Knowing i would have support for a tune, I swapped out my old setup for the following:

2.9 bottom end: 3.0 crank, 81.5mm pistons, rods
2.8 heads and cams and ugraded valve train.
full rs4 intake parts
gtx2860r turbos

The car is all back together with the new setup. I'm using the same fueling kit and tune and it runs.

I had an appointment scheduled with my tuner. That appointment was canceled the day before by the tuner stating they would need to reschedule. I have sent several emails and phone calls and i do not get a response. I find this extremely frustrating. I'm a reasonable person and understand priorities and schedules etc. I wish they would just tell me they are either too busy or they dont want to help me anymore. At this point i dont care what the response is, just give me something so i know how to proceed.

That leaves here with this post. This car needs to be tuned. My setup is beyond the scope of a beginner DIY tuner in my opinion. The car runs fairly well, it idles great, part throttle is choppy at low rpm. If anything, i think it just needs some minor tweaking to the file due to the slight increase in displacement and the quicker onset of boost due to the increased displacement and smaller turbo size.

I have the BIN, i can take logs, i can flash files via obdII port. I do not have a wideband sensor. i dont know how to proceed.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 11:08:26 AM »

Two options:
1) Start with the 2.7t stage1/2 community file, adjust KRKTE and TVUB to theoretical, adjust MAF to theoretical. Post trims, WB data, and ME7L logs.
2) Use the existing file. Post trims, WB data, and ME7L logs.

The difference between 2.7 and 2.9 is negligible. I wouldn't worry about it, or you can bump KUMSRL by 7.4%
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 11:10:46 AM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: