Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ECU help  (Read 4080 times)
Tricky0

« on: March 06, 2017, 10:53:34 AM »

ok, i looking at doing a stage 1 on my 2001 golf gls 1.8t Auto. But when i pull up the ECU code for my car its showing 06A906032GH 1.8L R4/5VT G 0002.
looking at the forums that seems to be a 5-speed ecu if im correct? Or does it make a difference on ECU?  Does that mean the ECU needs to be treated differently or something?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 11:01:09 AM »

Does that mean the ECU needs to be treated differently or something?

Treated differently from what?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Tricky0

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 11:05:42 AM »

i mean, does it make a difference when tuning the file from a 5 speed ecu thats actually an auto?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 11:08:51 AM »

Depends on the ECU. Some can be coded to work in both 5pd and auto, some cannot.

IIRC the 2001 1.8t 6sp/auto files are completely different and cannot be cross-coded.

I could be wrong.

To be sure, i'd find a well defined 5sp file and start there.

Are you sure your file is stock?

If so, and 06A906032GH is correct, you're fine.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Tricky0

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 11:45:18 AM »

Depends on the ECU. Some can be coded to work in both 5pd and auto, some cannot.

IIRC the 2001 1.8t 6sp/auto files are completely different and cannot be cross-coded.

I could be wrong.

To be sure, i'd find a well defined 5sp file and start there.

Are you sure your file is stock?

If so, and 06A906032GH is correct, you're fine.

honestly im not sure if its stock. how would i tell? i just got my vag cable in today so ill be reading the file tonight. it pushes only about 8-9 lbs of boost tho and im pretty sure that's around stock(per the android torque app). So what your saying is it could be a different ECU then my stock one? Appreciate the help, i have a stock 5 speed one ill look at and see if its about the same.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 11:48:19 AM »

honestly im not sure if its stock. how would i tell? i just got my vag cable in today so ill be reading the file tonight. it pushes only about 8-9 lbs of boost tho and im pretty sure that's around stock(per the android torque app). So what your saying is it could be a different ECU then my stock one? Appreciate the help, i have a stock 5 speed one ill look at and see if its about the same.

It probably won't be the same. If you are fairly certain it is stock, then it is correct.

Not that it matters, because what you really want to find is the most well defined ECU that will work in your car.

ECUx Plot

Tricky0

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2017, 09:11:15 AM »

ive tried looking on the forum but unfortunately the search function for me just isn't working..ha ha. is there a way to compare a file pulled from an ecu to a tuned file? wanting to see if the file is actually tuned or not before trying to figure out how to tune it.

PLUS i didnt wanna make another post when i have this one already.
AARDQ

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2017, 01:15:22 PM »

Tunerpro does this.  Load both files up using the Compare menu item and then use Differences under Tools. 

Forum search function is hit-or-miss; use google [search term] site:nefariousmotorsports.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: