Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MK4 Jetta 2.8l 12V AFP  (Read 3884 times)
mongoose

« on: April 06, 2017, 07:40:12 AM »

Hello to all,

First time post here and trying to learn.  I have created a bench mode setup for the ECU and have successfully connected and downloaded to an eBay ECU so I am good to go there (or at least I think) as I did not want to try first time things on my ECU.

My ECU is 021906018M ( the same I believe DDillenger worked with ) from my searches of prior posts.  Attached are the original bin and xdf he posted.

What I am trying to accomplish is code-out of the rear O2 (preferably remove all together) and delete the SAI. 

The info below came from a post by ddillenger on a different board and the S4wiki, but the addresses came from the attached file and xdf by ddillenger for the AFP

I believe to code-out the rear O2 I modify (for complete remove I certainly need help):

CDKAT = 0;            Address=0x1819b
     CWDLSAHK = 0;     Address=???
     CLRHK = 0;            Address=???  --maybe--

For the SAI delete:

CDSLS=0;             Address=0x181a5
     CWKONABG=0;     Address=0x181b2

I also need to modify some bytes in the ESKONF, but can use some help there.

I could really use some help to determine if I am on the right track and if I am some help on finding the codeword addresses and ESKONF info I need.  I have done much reading of the S4wiki and searching this and other boards but info on this engine/ecu seems to be limited.

Also, I have noticed that ddillenger does not post much anymore, but if he is still around and reads this, I too am from upstate NY, just outside of Utica.

Many, many thanks in advance.
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 08:21:54 AM »

Nice first post. Its always nice to see new members put in the effort to learn and not look for a spoon fed handout. this should help you along a bit

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
_nameless

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 08:33:33 AM »

Im from upstate myself Saratoga

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
mongoose

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 10:53:19 AM »

Marty,

Thank you for your help.  I always try to arrive at some understanding of what I am attempting to accomplish before asking questions as I do not wish to waste anyones time who is kind enough to help.

Starting with SAI delete, it would seem that my address was off for CDSLS.  The one I stated came directly from ddillenger's xdf.  Thank you for the correction.  I read in a post that the codewords come in alphabetical order but I was unable to determine which codewords were present for this ecu.  I had assumed the address for CDKAT and CWKONABG was correct but not matter how many csv files listing codewords I could not get the separation to line up.  Is there some wisdom here to impart on a new guy?

As for ESKONF, it is my understanding that it is 7 bytes for 4 cylinders and 13 bytes for 6 and 8 cylinders.  If I use the definitions of the 13 bytes from the S4 wiki, offset you gave me, and borrowing source code from the me7eskonf author, the ESKONF looks like this: (sorry for the poor formatting when cut-and-paste)

b0:00     EV6.......:Y(00)    EV3.......:Y(00)    EV4.......:Y(00)    EV1.......:Y(00)   EV=Fuel injector
b1:FC     NC........:N(11)    N205......:N(11)    N335......:N(11)    N80.......:Y(00)   NC No-connection/Unused/Unknown, NWS=N205 VVT, Intake Air Switch=N335, TEV=N80 purgevalve
b2:E3     NC........:N(11)    J17.......:S(10)    V144......:Y(00)    NC........:N(11)   NC No-connection/Unused/Unknown, Fuel Pump Relay=J17, Leak Detect Pump=V144
b3:FC     NC........:N(11)    NC........:N(11)    NC........:N(11)    J299......:Y(00)   NC No-connection/Unused/Unknown, SLP=J299 SAI pump
b4:0F     EV5.......:Y(00)    N112......:Y(00)    NC........:N(11)    N208......:Y(00)   EV=Fuel Injector, SLV=N112 SAI relay, NC No-connection/Unused/Unknown, N208-???
b5:F0     HSH2......:N(11)    N249......:N(11)    EV2.......:Y(00)    N75.......:Y(00)   HSH-???, ULT=N249 wg valve, EV=Fuel Injector, LDR=N75
b6:F3     NC........:N(11)    BKV.......:N(11)    HSH.......:Y(00)    NC........:N(11)   NC No-connection/Unused/Unknown, BKV=Brakebooster pump, HSH-???
b8:C0     ZUE.......:N(11)    ZUE.......:Y(00)    ZUE.......:Y(00)    ZUE.......:Y(00)   ZUE=Ignition coil
b9:55     NC........:?(01)    NC........:?(01)    NC........:?(01)    NC........:?(01)   NC No-connection/Unused/Unknown
b10:55   ZUE.......:?(01)    ZUE.......:?(01)    ZUE.......:?(01)    ZUE.......:?(01)   ZUE=Ignition coil
b11:55    NC........:?(01)    NC........:?(01)    NC........:?(01)    NC........:?(01)   NC No-connection/Unused/Unknown
b12:FF    NC........:N(11)    NC........:N(11)    NC........:N(11)    NC........:N(11)   NC No-connection/Unused/Unknown

I checked this with the presence of certain circuits on the 12V 2.8L AFP and it seems to match.  I should rerun this against some 2.7L files to confirm its accuracy, but assuming it is accurate, it is my assumption that I would set the bit positions for J299 and N112 to "11" in addition to CDSLS=0 and CWKONABG=0 to completely remove the SAI system and maintain readiness for emissions testing. 

Am I correct in this?

Assuming I have not gotten completely off course on the SAI delete, I will start to look at removing the rear O2 in more detail.

Saratoga!  My dad liked to go to Saratoga to watch the horses run usually once a year.  He is gone now and I am in Massachusetts, but I often think of that when I am cutting through Albany only way to see my mom.  The town I grew up in is Whitesboro, which is just outside Utica.

Thank you again for your help.
thedrill

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 09:26:46 PM »

Mongoose:

He is Not going to reply I'm afraid.

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=10207.0title=
mongoose

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 06:28:39 AM »

Wow, so very sad.  So young.  What a loss for his family.

I know I am about a year late on this, but my condolences to his family.

ddillenger was extremely generous with his knowledge, he is a roll model for all.  I only wish I could have known him.

Rest easy Mike.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: