Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME7.1.1 BEL Engine tuning - anyone have experience?  (Read 4022 times)
erroob0977

« on: December 20, 2011, 09:24:48 AM »

Hey everyone, I've been lurking around here for a while now reading everything I can and comparing different M-box tunes to get an idea of what I'm doing.

I drive an 04 A6 (4z7907551S) and have started tuning it using TunerPro, however the xdf (for a 4z7907551R, which *should* be interchangeable) I am using seems to not be 100% correct which worries me. Quite a few tables have odd axis values and seemingly random numbers in the tables - seems like the memory address may be off.

My second concern is with checksums, I am unsure if the mtx plugin will correct the checksums and it isn't supported by ECUFix (Not sure I'd want to spend that much money yet either).

Does anyone here have experience tuning these bins? or have a known good xdf they'd be willing to share?

2004 A6 2.7T 6MT: Built motor with SRM RS6/K24s on E85
a200tq

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 02:23:44 PM »

Hey everyone, I've been lurking around here for a while now reading everything I can and comparing different M-box tunes to get an idea of what I'm doing.

I drive an 04 A6 (4z7907551S) and have started tuning it using TunerPro, however the xdf (for a 4z7907551R, which *should* be interchangeable) I am using seems to not be 100% correct which worries me. Quite a few tables have odd axis values and seemingly random numbers in the tables - seems like the memory address may be off.

My second concern is with checksums, I am unsure if the mtx plugin will correct the checksums and it isn't supported by ECUFix (Not sure I'd want to spend that much money yet either).

Does anyone here have experience tuning these bins? or have a known good xdf they'd be willing to share?

Hello! What is your performance goal for this project? If this is a near-stock chip, all maps what you need can be found from compare r and s box. Even 360-370 ps is not a problem, i do it with s-box us allroad (ko4+rs4 coolers all other stock) with only r box ols as a guide. Just find map in r file, and search it in s file, 90 % maps a the same.
erroob0977

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 03:28:01 PM »

Well for now I'm after a real basic moderate tune (Keeping boost stock at low throttle, and at WOT running ~16psi tapering down to ~10/11psi, coding out a few things, getting rid of the speed limiter, etc) that I can continue to work off of and improve down the road. I have 2 ECUs so I'll always have one good stock one if something goes awry..

I've been looking into this for a while day today and have encountered some odd findings that hopefully someone here can shed some light on

I didn't think to make a list of all the maps that were messed up when I was looking earlier, but I know KFMIOP and one of the other torque-related ones were odd.
But today I looked at some tuned (or at least ones that someones asked for a checksum fix for) 4z7907551S files and I didn't encounter the same map problems with those - just with the S bin that I pulled from my car and 2 other stock S bins I've downloaded.
However the ones that were supposedly tuned all had stock KFMIRL/LDRXN maps (using the R box XDF still).

2004 A6 2.7T 6MT: Built motor with SRM RS6/K24s on E85
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: