Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: D.I.Y Piggy back ecu for 1.8 Tsi engines.  (Read 11907 times)
dream

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2018, 09:44:44 AM »

Bullshit. Carlsson was a full blown ECU (but still a piggyback) that went in between harness and stock ECU. It took care of EVERYTHING and passed modified signals back to ECU. It even communicated with automatic gearbox over CAN. I do not see anything wrong with piggy back as long as they are set up properly. What IS the difference if everything works 100% properly? We are all cheating for more power and pushing components to the limit. The only right way is leaving the car stock.

Not to trap down your idea, but why using a piggyback when you can fix parameters in the original ECU itself?
And especially why make it yourself hard putting this second sort of ECU into the car, fix wiring etc. etc. while you can use OBD for read and write the original ECU instead?
fredrik_a

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2018, 11:18:27 PM »

If piggybacks were a good thing, then they would have been fitted on stock cars by the car manufacturer.  Grin
vwaudiguy

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2018, 09:17:56 AM »

If piggybacks were a good thing, then they would have been fitted on stock cars by the car manufacturer.  Grin

I hope you don't really believe that.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
gt-innovation

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2018, 10:03:34 AM »

To be precise this is just a piggy back for the map sensor and was made just for showing off what the car could do with a remap to people who liked to have a test and i did n`t like to flash and re-flash the med17 ecu so it is simple and effective on the 1.8tsi.

i added Bluetooth on some next version but i never made any other pdf project for it as my time was consumed on other projects.

so as said it works on med9.1 2.0l and med17 1.8l so if someone has something different he should n`t bother build such a device.

I also used it on a seadoo jetski to avoid hitting the map sensor limit before i find where it was.(Siemens st10fx ecu). At that point i just changed the code to show a constant value after the boost hits 1.45bar.
funnix

1.8t AUM

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2018, 11:17:39 AM »

Hey GT, thank for your work and information.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: