Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Switching between tuning SW?  (Read 3720 times)
marcello7x

« on: March 02, 2012, 07:24:17 AM »

So i started working on my first tune a month or so ago, then my computer crashed. I fixed it, but moved it to my new shop vs my bedroom where i used to work on it at night. I want to start again, but my home computer and work computer wont play nice with winols.

Can i use tuner pro to work on a file, then load it into winols, then back again? I have yet to use tuner pro other than installing it, but before i try i figured you guys would know.

Thanks!

kenmac

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 07:58:20 AM »

You can use both application suites, however, the checksums are calculated differently with WinOLS vs. TunerPro via MTX.  Make your changes in either application, but I'd recommend using TunerPro (MTX) to do the checksum as a final step on all bins.  If you're just using WinOLS by itself, then it's fine for calculating checksums.  The problem is if your bin was last modified by TunerPro, you must import it into your WinOLS project.  At this point WinOLS no longer calcs the checksums properly.  It can create quite the headache.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 10:14:50 AM »

OP, have you considered going with a VM for tuning? That's what I do.  Win XP in VMware w/ all my tuning software.  Works great and it's portable on any PC I want it on.

You can use both application suites, however, the checksums are calculated differently with WinOLS vs. TunerPro via MTX.  Make your changes in either application, but I'd recommend using TunerPro (MTX) to do the checksum as a final step on all bins.  If you're just using WinOLS by itself, then it's fine for calculating checksums.  The problem is if your bin was last modified by TunerPro, you must import it into your WinOLS project.  At this point WinOLS no longer calcs the checksums properly.  It can create quite the headache.

Can't say I agree... I always give WinOLS the last word in checksum calculation... It has never bricked my ECU unlike the MTX plug in.

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: