Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Car wont start and cant connect with nefmoto or vag com  (Read 8245 times)
wannabeS4

« on: March 11, 2012, 12:12:47 PM »

Hey so I have a problem, I flashed my car yesterday and it started fine. Now today I go to start it and it just cranks. I tried connecting with the nefmoto software and vag com and neither of them can connect to my ecu. Im guessing its a bad flash because I just found out my checksum plugin stopped working. How do I fix this/
wannabeS4

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 01:38:24 PM »

update: Disconnected the battery for 20 min and reconnected it. Got connection back and was able to reflash my old file.
csosnowski

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 05:56:57 PM »

ah thats good news! im having a similar issue and I hope having the ecu out of the car will allow me to reconnect to it and flash. wish me luck!
wannabeS4

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 06:11:02 PM »

Good luck! I freaked out when I couldnt connect to the ecu.
csosnowski

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 07:13:51 PM »

UPDATE: Removed power for 30+ mins and was able to flash a new file on. Car runs now. Thanks for making a good tool Tony.

My failure was different. it was flashing along and then boom, communication error and then the nef program stopped being able to talk to the cable or something. I disconnected and hooked to my s4 and was able to so I knew I was forked.

all is well now, except the radio is in safe mode. gonna have to go down to the dealer tomorrow.
rob.mwpropane

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 08:50:47 PM »

It's really imperative to have good, steady current via battery charger. Not absolutely necessary, but it helps.

Edit: I'll add that maybe that's not your problem, but in my experience (limited), that has cured 95% of any issues I've had.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 08:54:45 PM by rob.mwpropane » Logged

This has nothing to do with cars but you can see my glorifying job at,

www.MWPropane.com
csosnowski

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 09:05:54 PM »

It's really imperative to have good, steady current via battery charger. Not absolutely necessary, but it helps.

Edit: I'll add that maybe that's not your problem, but in my experience (limited), that has cured 95% of any issues I've had.

I did notice this. It was at the point that I connected the charger that I began having issues, or so I thought. I read somewhere that "smart" battery chagers induce interference that ecu's dont like sometimes. I may have had the wrong memory layout selected as well.

On the final run where the ecu did finally flash I started having block flash errors and having to retry, the moment I hooked the battery charger up it flashed like butter. So evidently I found the 'magic' combo of correct layout, correct laptop and enough voltage to make it happy.

I am relieved to say the least.

wannabeS4

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 10:17:30 AM »

For future reference when you disconnect the battery, turn your radio off first and you wont need to put the code in when you reconnect the battery.
csosnowski

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 03:21:30 PM »

I thought so, but I had the radio off when I disconnected the battery thinking it would be fine. It still came up with SAFE mode. No biggie, I have a dealer I have a relationship with less than a mile away.

for future info, they want the serial number stamped into the metal chassis of the radio, not the one on the sticker. That plus the vin=radio code.
wannabeS4

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 08:59:52 PM »

I'm guessing you have to pull the radio for that?
csosnowski

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 10:23:45 PM »

that is correct sir. its etched into the side. starts with AUZ
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: