Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Me7Log issues.  (Read 11052 times)
prj

« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2019, 08:33:41 AM »

If trims are in order and the MAF reading is low, then whoever put your engine together fucked up the valve timing.
Or your dump valve is fucked.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2019, 10:21:11 PM »

What prj said. Also log ps_w and compare with actual boost.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
IamwhoIam

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2019, 03:04:53 AM »

Or the MAF is so old and fcuked that no amount of cleaning will ever revive it. My advice? Buy a brand new OEM one from VW, NOT from Bosch or any aftermarket "OEM parts" suppliers (motor factors and so on), that have been selling an awful lot of chinese junk "remanufactured" MAFs that just are wrong.

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
SlashProm

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2019, 04:13:23 AM »

Sorry I haven't been active in a while guys. Been busy with real world stuff. I unplugged my MAF the other day and it runs basically the same if not a bit smoother. Been getting some hesitation and surging here and there before I unplugged it so I'm pretty certain it's dying. Bit of a strange one though, I've driven the car a few times since I unplugged it and it still hasn't triggered the EML yet. I thought it should trigger as soon as I unplug it? Would explain why it hasn't complained about the MAF though if the EML for it doesn't trigger.

PS: I put the engine back together and the timing is all correct. I replaced the belt so I had the bottom timing cover off and made sure the witness marks were all lined up.
I'll plug it in to see if has developed any error codes. Everything else is fine. no intake vac leaks, most hoses replaced with silicone and a healthy new 710p dv from a trusted VAG supplier.

Edit: EML for MAF finally triggered. Just took a few runs out after unplugging it for it to come on. It came on when I went out earlier. I'm going to try and get a log later to see my fuel trims. I have free vcds lite so it only measures up to block 25. Does anyone know if the blue FTDI cable works with vcds?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 06:35:23 AM by SlashProm » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: