Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Med17.5.21 1.4tsi reducing requested load/boost  (Read 3786 times)
michelhadid

« on: February 23, 2020, 06:58:03 PM »

Hey guys, tuning a Hybrid turbo 2014 seat leon 1.4tsi, making 215whp already at 19.5psi peak and steady 18-17psi at high altitude (Mexico city 11.2psi baro, 780hpa) however the car Will reduce the specified boost and specified load at high rpm as you can see in the logs, deviating from the requested load on KFMIRL, i can't see any obvious limiting factor that i havent modified yet,but for some reason requested boost Will start at ~2200hpa absolute request and the drop steadily down till redline, you can see specified load drop aswell from 180-190 requested up to 150 or so, i'm clearly missing something here, but just cant seem to find what exactly. Willing to pay for help, attached are Ori and mod file
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 01:59:05 AM by michelhadid » Logged
jcsbanks

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 05:09:25 AM »

I do not do this particular VAG MED17, so may not apply, and have not had chance to look at your files and log, but on some other VAG MED17 there are tables for maximum compressor pressure ratio to protect against overspeed and to protect against high charge temperatures and to model pressure at the compressor inlets. Variants of these are probably in all of them in one form or another. It could be easy to spin a compressor into oblivion in Mexico and send the turbine into the downpipe, and "hybrid turbo" is not particularly reassuring as they are often mismatched and have original bearings and sometimes cast compressor wheels. Calculate carefully.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 05:11:31 AM by jcsbanks » Logged
michelhadid

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2020, 07:39:41 PM »

Thanks, pressure ratio limiter has been modified already, Fuel pump pressure and injector duty as well as AFR are good AND according to specified. No overboost, no throttle cuts. Im guessing its an ambient presure/altitud limiter, as i've tuned a lot of these at sea level on stock and bigger turbos even 1.4bar steady all the way and requested load/boost never drops just can't find it AND its driving me nuts
IamwhoIam

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2020, 05:12:05 AM »

Electronic wastegate maps modded from stock 100% to 115% for the WIN!
Maximalfüllung zum Schutz vor Überdrehzahl Turbolader im Grundladedruckbereich up to 534% rl_w for even more WIN!
Monitoring torque maps going up to 300Nm but driver torque request pegged at 250Nm, ULTIMATE WINNAR!

Do you even know what you're doing in these files? This is an honest question. I think BC consulting wouldn't be very happy to see their base files posted publicly for anyone to download for free.

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
michelhadid

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2020, 02:00:04 PM »

Yes, i do know what im doing, i modified those parameters to eliminate factors that were maybe limiting the boost/load requested.

1) wastegate modified as the hybrid turbo Is way bigger AND would spool way slower, hence why i modified it, brought back a lot of spool AND keeps boost More on target now.
2)Yes, requesting very high load as to eliminate It as a factor in case It was limiting load in Any way here. On normal maps It matches my requested load. Always.

3) Again, monitoring torque maps at 300nm as to eliminate Any torque monitoring limiting, but torque driver request lower to see how It affected the requested load and control requested load/boost without using pressure ratio TUXS map as a boost map. On my normal maps, again, drivers requested torque pedal maps match every other limiter/monitoring map.

Thought It was a problem with the map but seems to be a barometric/altitude correction factor im missing, i modified the map myself, read the file from the ECU, wiped maps modified to stock and started clean with It, never have gotten a map from B&C consulting, and wont. Like i said, i've tuned these ECUS a lot before, this map Is just a series of modded versions i tried to eliminate that  altitude (Maybe) correction, i have maps requesting More load/less load, higher and lower pressure ratio limiter, torque monitoring disabled/enabled, played with turbolader speed model, component protection maps, etc. Im just asking if anyone knows what map Is limiting this particular ecu at altitude, i can share the 20+ maps i've tuned myself from scratch for this car or for the other med17.5.21 ecus i've tuned
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 02:17:24 PM by michelhadid » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: