Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Me7.1.1 USA 2.5L Jetta Ecu help  (Read 3791 times)
jtbrand

« on: May 13, 2020, 03:25:00 PM »

First off, I am a noob...Hope I don't get roasted for this but I have been doing a LOT of research so I don't come empty handed as far as knowledge. I have ktag- 7.02- ECMTitanium 1.61, WinOls 2.24 and i cant seem to get any checksum calculator help with any of these programs. Winols says is need 3.1 software... EcmTitanium only has one driver for my specific engine ecu. I have also tried to use the Me7sum tool written by one of the users here with no results (I might not be doing it right within cmd)

Im not asking anyone to do anything for me, i just want some help/guidance to get my modified files to have the correct checksum.

What im trying to accomplish is not so much a tune (which i have no clue where to start with ECMTitanium so any help there would be awesome) but to turn off Kombi valve (Secondary air injection pump here in the states) Immo off (which i have figured out in the eeprom but checksum isnt right) found a "lambada off" program to turn off the o2 sensors which is what i currently have written to the ecu with the wrong checksums (immo_lambada07kqqq.fls File which could be wrong??)....

Thank you for your help. Again im sorry for posting an "ignorant" post being a noob but im running out of resources. original map and modified map and eeprom posted. THANKS again.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 03:54:32 PM »

I have also tried to use the Me7sum tool written by one of the users here with no results (I might not be doing it right within cmd)

One thing at time. Start here.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
jtbrand

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 04:11:11 PM »

I also have an earlier ecu me7.1.1 mapfile that does go through the Me7check/me7sum and it does read the file fine and says that the checksum is correct. when i try this newer ecu file it says there are 51 errors...not sure where to go from here
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2020, 10:05:59 PM »

I also have an earlier ecu me7.1.1 mapfile that does go through the Me7check/me7sum and it does read the file fine and says that the checksum is correct. when i try this newer ecu file it says there are 51 errors...not sure where to go from here

Did you actually read any of the instructions on how to get it to write out a corrected file?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
_nameless

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2020, 05:32:30 AM »

First off, I am a noob...Hope I don't get roasted for this but I have been doing a LOT of research so I don't come empty handed as far as knowledge. I have ktag- 7.02- ECMTitanium 1.61, WinOls 2.24 and i cant seem to get any checksum calculator help with any of these programs. Winols says is need 3.1 software... EcmTitanium only has one driver for my specific engine ecu. I have also tried to use the Me7sum tool written by one of the users here with no results (I might not be doing it right within cmd)

Im not asking anyone to do anything for me, i just want some help/guidance to get my modified files to have the correct checksum.

What im trying to accomplish is not so much a tune (which i have no clue where to start with ECMTitanium so any help there would be awesome) but to turn off Kombi valve (Secondary air injection pump here in the states) Immo off (which i have figured out in the eeprom but checksum isnt right) found a "lambada off" program to turn off the o2 sensors which is what i currently have written to the ecu with the wrong checksums (immo_lambada07kqqq.fls File which could be wrong??)....

Thank you for your help. Again im sorry for posting an "ignorant" post being a noob but im running out of resources. original map and modified map and eeprom posted. THANKS again.
Ktag does checksums lol

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
bamofo

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2020, 08:39:38 AM »

Your Checksums look ok on these files according to Winols. What are your "real" needs? Just SAI? You have 2 easy things and a bunch of others... Do you have a definition your working with now in winols?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: