Pages: [1]
Author Topic: questions abaut first times dealing with me7.5  (Read 468 times)
J4nne_

« on: January 08, 2024, 02:48:51 PM »

Hello, Im long time tuner from Finland and have good knowledge about ecus and especially megasquirt and bosch lh jetronic systems.  There is still some open questions i want to ask. I have mpps v18 clone cable and as far is i know i can use that to read and flash my 7.5? Lets start from the reading, as im reading i am creating a copy of the eeprom of ecu which should be 512kb? So i cant fuck up things when im reading?

Does mpps work with nefmotos flashing software or should i stick with the mpps software?

When i read the ecu with mpps does that file contain immo stuff or only the "tune" file? is immo stuff stored at different memory on the ecu?

once im done with the tuning should i calculate checksum again using nefmotos calculator or using mpps own calculator (dunno if it has one or does it work). At least it worked on ecd15

i probably have a aftermarket tune on my ecu and as i have read it might have "no read" flag tagged, so only way to read that is by bootmode? correct?

How about tunes crossmatching, for example i have 1.8t tune out of seat leons auq engine, can i flash some else tune if it has same sensors and wiring etc, for example from tt. Most of ecus accept this as long as immo stuff stays at it is but how in the me7.5? does my tune file contain that or is it stored differend place?

Greetings
-Janne
adam-

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2024, 11:17:36 PM »

You have to use an FTDI based cable for Nef software. 

Immo is separate area and can be read with an FTDI cable and ArgDubs tool. 

Use ME7EEPROM to read EEP; not flash. 

Use ME7Sum to checksum.  Always do this.

Depends if the flag was set.  If it is, bootmode.

Cross-flashing can be done, but be wary.  If it's your first time, stick with correct partnumbers and use your ECU PN only.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: