Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Med9.1 2.0TFSI K04 throttle closing past 6.2krpm  (Read 3731 times)
jacktfsi

« on: December 06, 2020, 04:26:25 PM »

Hi, I've been having an issue recently on a tune i've done for an edition 30 DSG golf gti k04, 3" decat, VIS HPFP, larger FMIC, intake pipe,rs4 FPRV etc.

The car keeps closing throttle at 6200rpm roughly from 99.6% to 94ish. i've attached some logs so you can see whats happening (same setup with and without throttle closure).
I thought it was fuel at first i.e. lack of it and i thought trims may be high at the upper rpm's but there within 3-5% (25% after a gear change due to boost spiking to 1.7bar) I'm pushing the setup quite hard and have logged it without the throttle closure but recently every log is the same i.e. closing at 6200rpm. The car is ran on 99RON fuel too.
Any feedback will be appreciated, disclaimer the first log is a bit messy but i wanted to know what was happening to the trims on gear changes due to the boost spikes. The dsg box is also tuned and has had tq limits in increased to 500nm.

Thanks
Jack
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 06:13:21 PM by jacktfsi » Logged
stack

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 03:50:48 AM »

Check 206 for difference expected g/s and calculated by boost. Quite sure your maf is pretty old or you take some aftermarket intake where the stock maf housing is replaced (however guesses WHERE your intake pipe starts, for some people this is the pipe directly to turbo, for other it is only the part before stock air filter box).

And lower your pid to prevent that boost spikes and also set requested boost to a value your injection can solve (so not 9ms at 5500, this will cause your system to lower unless you patch it). Finetune it that Lambda correction is always nearby 0 in your case it is better to do by correction of afm at 1C4D66 KfKHFM. Correct it that way that your values in Measuring Block 206 are equal (1.00), and your throttle will not close anymore.
jacktfsi

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2020, 03:46:50 PM »

Check 206 for difference expected g/s and calculated by boost. Quite sure your maf is pretty old or you take some aftermarket intake where the stock maf housing is replaced (however guesses WHERE your intake pipe starts, for some people this is the pipe directly to turbo, for other it is only the part before stock air filter box).

And lower your pid to prevent that boost spikes and also set requested boost to a value your injection can solve (so not 9ms at 5500, this will cause your system to lower unless you patch it). Finetune it that Lambda correction is always nearby 0 in your case it is better to do by correction of afm at 1C4D66 KfKHFM. Correct it that way that your values in Measuring Block 206 are equal (1.00), and your throttle will not close anymore.

Hi, thanks for the reply! i've checked my stft's and ltft's and there 0.5% so surely my maf corrections is ok? i've played with KFKHFM in the past and its always threw out my trims if i say do a blanket correction of 5% for example. My intake is aftermarket but the diameter is stock although the volume will definitely be different so i will look into what you've mentioned.

Also the boost spike your referring to is it after a gear change? if so i've been having issues controlling boost when letting off at high rpm and i've been experiencing boost spikes - i've tried reducing IMX in the area where overboost occurs but haven't had much luck reducing the overboost when coming of throttle at high load. I've just turned off the overboost function (LDOB) so will see if this helps with any overshoot.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 04:12:49 AM by jacktfsi » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2020, 05:58:29 PM »

change your second
Code:
[quote]

to

Code:
[/quote]

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
dartroom

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2021, 09:08:12 PM »

Hi, I've been having an issue recently on a tune i've done for an edition 30 DSG golf gti k04, 3" decat, VIS HPFP, larger FMIC, intake pipe,rs4 FPRV etc.

The car keeps closing throttle at 6200rpm roughly from 99.6% to 94ish. i've attached some logs so you can see whats happening (same setup with and without throttle closure).
I thought it was fuel at first i.e. lack of it and i thought trims may be high at the upper rpm's but there within 3-5% (25% after a gear change due to boost spiking to 1.7bar) I'm pushing the setup quite hard and have logged it without the throttle closure but recently every log is the same i.e. closing at 6200rpm. The car is ran on 99RON fuel too.
Any feedback will be appreciated, disclaimer the first log is a bit messy but i wanted to know what was happening to the trims on gear changes due to the boost spikes. The dsg box is also tuned and has had tq limits in increased to 500nm.

Thanks
Jack

Did you solved your problem? I have similar throttle closing to 90% after 5k rpm

Edit:

So i I noticed that I do not reach specyfied load despite the fact that the boost is correct. I decided increase about 5% KFKHFM in high load and rpms. This solved my problem, throttle is not closing anymore.
My maf is oem, but very old. I exclude boost leaks.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 12:09:27 PM by dartroom » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: