Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME7.5 Standalone or Emulator alternative?  (Read 4279 times)
Steven97i1

« on: April 23, 2021, 06:06:30 PM »

Hey guys, im searching for an Standalone Alternative for my 1.8t APP, i thought speeduino whould be an Alternative ceause its not that expensive with 200 euros, but Speeduino does NOT support Electronic Throtle.
So my question is, is there any inexpensive Standalone or Emulator for the me7.5?
Thanks

Searching for All XDF for an Free XDF database ONLY for nefariousmotorsports.com
BlackT

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2021, 07:19:31 PM »

What is the reason to go standalone? ME7 can do all work
Steven97i1

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2021, 05:44:36 PM »

standalone because, changing maps with engine on^^
just to try it out what is possible

Searching for All XDF for an Free XDF database ONLY for nefariousmotorsports.com
florih2

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2021, 02:09:07 AM »

Hey guys, im searching for an Standalone Alternative for my 1.8t APP, i thought speeduino whould be an Alternative ceause its not that expensive with 200 euros, but Speeduino does NOT support Electronic Throtle.
So my question is, is there any inexpensive Standalone or Emulator for the me7.5?
Thanks
Megasquirt or Speediuno isnt really an option for an 1,8T in my opinion, no native knock control or dbw on the ms2 and for the price of an ms3 you can get an EMU with native DBW and knock control and regular updates.
prj

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2021, 04:49:01 AM »

standalone because, changing maps with engine on^^
If this is the only reason, then ME7.5 with the roadrunner emulator from Moates can do the same.
That said, with the good logging and very fast flashing times of the Nefmoto flasher, the only times I even bother with it, is when I have to tune the whole ignition map on the dyno.
Rest of the time, the flashing overhead is so small, that it's not worth it using an emulator. 95% of the time is anyway spent on reading logs and making adjustments.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
BlackT

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2021, 10:58:30 AM »

Live tuning is for pussy  Grin  real tuner know what he do
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2021, 11:23:10 AM »

Live tuning is nice, but it's not enough to make me want to use standalone.

There are other reasons, though, to use standalone.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: