Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: idle fluctuation  (Read 8253 times)
tao13

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2021, 09:58:21 AM »

Can you try with a non-5120 hacked file? Yes, you won't be able to read high boost, but at least to see if the 5120 is causing the idle issues.

Hi Nyet.
I made a new stock file with all "setup"/maps from 5120hackked file witch i modified. I keep the 4 bar map sesor and calibrated with the same values from 5120hacked file but multiplied with 2.
After 30 km , the car feel good , not idle fluctuation.
Maybe something is wrong in justinve 5120 hack file. I verified all maps and scalars from your xdf from your project and they are correct, multiplied or divided by 2.Hope not missed someone.
"One thing that really bothers me and I haven't got the aswer is that this hack is for 5bar map sensor and since stock is 2,5bars I understand that we need to divide or multyply by 2, but since we are using 4 bar sensor, which is like 80% of 5bar, so maybe it would be reasonable to multyply/divide tables by 80% not 100%?"
Thanks

tjwasiak

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2021, 10:06:01 AM »

This is why you should not use other's people ASM modifications Sad
In theory on stock ECU you can use even 10bar MAP sensor - it is just most part of it measuring range would not be ever used.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2021, 10:41:13 AM »

Maybe something is wrong in justinve 5120 hack file. I verified all maps and scalars from your xdf from your project and they are correct, multiplied or divided by 2.Hope not missed someone.
There could be things missing, since ME7.5 has some significant diferences
One thing that really bothers me and I haven't got the aswer is that this hack is for 5bar map sensor and since stock is 2,5bars I understand that we need to divide or multyply by 2, but since we are using 4 bar sensor, which is like 80% of 5bar, so maybe it would be reasonable to multyply/divide tables by 80% not 100%

This is mixing the 5120 hack with change in map sensor. Do not conflate the two. They are two *separate* changes.

Do one, then the other, independently.

If you have to

make sure the new sensor works in an OEM file with ONLY the two pressure sensor *map* changes for that sensor, not ASM

make sure the *OEM* sensor works properly with the 5120 hack (verify the 5120 changes - ASM, 2x&1/2x axis changes, map changes)

Then make a third file with both changes, where the adjustment for the new sensor is again ONLY in the two pressure sensor maps, not ASM or axis changes
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 10:48:14 AM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
tao13

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2021, 11:22:15 AM »

make sure the new sensor works in an OEM file with ONLY the two pressure sensor *map* changes for that sensor, not ASM

i made it today and after 30km i have no issue with idel

make sure the *OEM* sensor works properly with the 5120 hack (verify the 5120 changes - ASM, 2x&1/2x axis changes, map changes)

i made this and had idle fluctuation but not so much as with 4 bar map sensor, maybe for OEM sensor resolution is less than 4 bar sensor (ecu is more sensible for voltage variation)

Then make a third file with both changes, where the adjustment for the new sensor is again ONLY in the two pressure sensor maps, not ASM or axis changes

i posted its log 2 days ago, it is a disaster with idle fluctuation, after my opinion the 5120 hack file had a problem.
i don't know to see / write/verify asm changes
i verified only maps and scalars conform with attached tct file
bamofo

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2021, 11:32:01 AM »

Thanks for your opinion but i replaced the throttle 2 weeks ago to test if is its fault. IT doesn't.

Need to share the file to look at it. can PM me ill help.
doublerwest

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2021, 02:05:37 PM »

Go back to stock and then check to see if it still fluctuates.. Throttle body could have gone bad... I chased my tail for awhile until i pulled throttle body off and looked at it in the light. Body wasn't closing all the way all the gears and stops are plastic and it wont seat properly and bounce closed to open!
No sweat glad going back to stock did something for ya!I dont know much yet but one day id like to contribute!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 02:19:54 PM by doublerwest » Logged

W357
nupustas

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2021, 11:43:32 AM »

i made it today and after 30km i have no issue with idel

i made this and had idle fluctuation but not so much as with 4 bar map sensor, maybe for OEM sensor resolution is less than 4 bar sensor (ecu is more sensible for voltage variation)

i posted its log 2 days ago, it is a disaster with idle fluctuation, after my opinion the 5120 hack file had a problem.
i don't know to see / write/verify asm changes
i verified only maps and scalars conform with attached tct file

Hi, did you solve idle fluctation problem? I have identical situation like yours after 5120 hack
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 11:45:06 AM by nupustas » Logged
tao13

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2021, 02:37:13 AM »

Yes!
FKKVS at low rpm and TVUB.
nupustas

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2021, 06:21:18 AM »

Yes!
FKKVS at low rpm and TVUB.

Thanks
Do you remember, TVUB or FKKVS was more important?
tao13

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2021, 11:44:40 PM »

VERY important, and you can try KFBAKL And KVAKL!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: