Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: 2.0 TFSI Manifold Flap delete & RS4 Injectors  (Read 38456 times)
ddillenger

« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2013, 09:06:43 PM »

I've got to say I am incredibly impressed with the knowledge on this forum. I just started attempting to tune using Eurodyne Maestro and I have not found so much good info as this thread has. I am also running rs4 injectors but I am far behind you guys, still researching what most of you say to get a full grasp.

Another issue with Eurodyne is that the maps are very limited. I had asked Eurodyne to add the injector angle map for my ECU to Maestro, but no such luck yet...Does anyone know if he is on here, or better yet does anyone here have significant pull with him?

Thanks guys Smiley

Martin

Chris Tapp hates us.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
BenR

« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2013, 11:30:12 PM »

^ hahaha. I dont directly get the joke but i get it, if that makes sense.

re: the previous poster. Im not familiar with Maestro. This forum has been a big help to me. It takes a lot of reading and understanding on how the direct injection engine works to make the correct adjustments. It seems a lot of people are starting to you RS4 injectors on the 2.0tfsi platform. I will do a separate thread on big turbo 2.0tfsi builds soon to try and help out others and hopefully i ca get some more help in return.

mec

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2013, 08:49:09 AM »

Chris Tapp hates us.

Is that because you guys actually know what is going on and can criticize maestro for being petty software?

I bought Maestro because I knew jumping into code would not be possible for me, so I figured mess around with Maestro, learn a bit, reevaluate the need for different software.
mec

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2013, 08:50:27 AM »

^ hahaha. I dont directly get the joke but i get it, if that makes sense.

re: the previous poster. Im not familiar with Maestro. This forum has been a big help to me. It takes a lot of reading and understanding on how the direct injection engine works to make the correct adjustments. It seems a lot of people are starting to you RS4 injectors on the 2.0tfsi platform. I will do a separate thread on big turbo 2.0tfsi builds soon to try and help out others and hopefully i ca get some more help in return.

That would be appreciated greatly! In the mean time I'm going to keep putting pieces of the puzzle together, this website is awesome Smiley
RaraK

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2013, 09:12:02 PM »

Last i tuned a mk5 bt with maestro, he had the injection angle maps, and cold start maps, mostly what you need for an ok rs4 calibration. this was a MK5 file base file though, not sure on his other offerings(b7, 8p a3, etc)
mec

« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2013, 03:15:57 AM »

Last i tuned a mk5 bt with maestro, he had the injection angle maps, and cold start maps, mostly what you need for an ok rs4 calibration. this was a MK5 file base file though, not sure on his other offerings(b7, 8p a3, etc)
Unfortunately they aren't available to the b7 yet...emailed him a few times still waiting for the maps to come through.
ericpaulyoung

« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2015, 02:55:35 PM »

Well after many hours messing with this and looking for help in every corner of the galaxy, I finally figured out how to fix this to where the car runs perfectly. You just have to find a spare manifold to replace the flappers that you cut up, and then re-install the flaps. Cold starting is perfect now, and no difference in performance. Well at least the only difference in performance is that it runs a lot better now! Smiley

EPY
adrianmk2

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2022, 02:51:43 PM »

You lost it mate, you lost it.... You are 101% wrong
RS4s are quite bigger than S3

The point is WHY VAG decided to install that big injectors in a low power cylinder 55hp/cyl instead of 62hp/cyl S3 2.0TFSi

The answer is because they spray for a shorter time. If you know where to look in RS4 .bin then you can see injection starting and closing angles.

Now installing the RS4 in a 2.0TFSi isn't an easy job. For proper fixing you need to recalibrate more than 20maps and of course the injection angles.
Why smokes like a diesel?
Why is lean in lambda and my tail pipe smokes like hell?

All these WHYs are solved with the proper tune of the RS4s

I have spend over 1 week to make them work perfect and what I can say is that they are excellent injectors for the 2.0TFSi for turbo upgrade with no any issues if you know what to do.

Where starts the problem and when the tuners looses all the game with these injectors is because they have no idea what a Direct Injection system is and how it works. Also they don't know how the Direct Injectors react and how they lag.

I am tired saying all the time, buy the Blue Bosch book and read first and then work with MED9

Some extra info
RS4 and power output
480hp @ 130bar
520hp @ 140bar
560hp @ 150bar
600hp @ 160bar
630+hp @ 170bar

I am working with special fuel pump and special PRV at 175bar with RS4s and we got 625hp @ 2.5bar ct boost with an PTE 6262

Thank you for this information hammsword.
I am in process of tuning rs4 injectors and this saves time. I have eurodyne with a mk6 R and this information helps greatly.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: