Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!  (Read 359 times)
davus

« on: August 25, 2024, 12:30:01 AM »

Howdy all.

Just signed up from australia.

Pretty accomplished home DIYer from a mechanical standpoint. Its gotta be a very very bad day for me to pay for someone to repair anything on any of my vehicles (mechanical, electrical, panel etc).

I even prefer to pull apart an electronic items and try to fix it from a surface mount standpoint before buying something new lol.

However one thing that always eluded me is the ability to be able to rip data off ECU's, play around with stuff, and then flash it back..........so, im gonna give it a crack.

Ive got a couple of Seadoo Jetskis which ill start with. They run the Bosch ME17.8.5 ecu. Ive got a ktag on the way which i intend to use to extract the bin files, and then i need to get a bit more of an understanding of how to start the programming side of things. WinOLS seems popular. I have HP Tuners, but im not really wanting to have to pay 4 credits for each seadoo we have (there are four of them).

Ive used TunerPro a little in the past (for simple LS1 stuff like VATS removal), but im not sure its a really well established piece of software for tuning.

I have have a 2017 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI which i plan on tinkering around with once i get a better understanding of how all the tuning works. Id much rather accidentally toast a jetski engine than my daily drive Smiley (especially since i just spent a whole bunch of time doing the timing chains in my garage at home! LOL)

Anyway - Im off to post a few things.......and read a few things.

Thanks for having me.

Dave
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: