Pages: [1]
Author Topic: new ecu installed runs no shift  (Read 6540 times)
jodalok

« on: October 01, 2012, 08:37:22 PM »

hello i am new here and just purchased used 02 jetta 1.8t with tippy trans. had no comm to ecu and some other faults replaced ecu and still  not shifting right. i hope my attached ross tech file helps. i am a locksmith and bought this car for my son to help us learn more about vw. thanks in advance for your help.
professor

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 12:53:26 AM »

Not shifting right what do you mean exactly?
After ECU replacement car can runs ok?
Is it tuned?

Seat Ibiza MK4 Cupra 1.8t 20V, stg3.
"Those 1.8T 20V machines are really tough" ©
jodalok

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 01:01:19 PM »

The car first came with wrong ecu, had BQ and it would not shift because this ecu is for manual not tippy trans. We installed ecu with LQ and we were able to match immo and everything looked ok. We attempted to drive for get ready and car drove for 60 miles with no problems. Shut car off and restart and now it does not shift just in first gear no shift. I dont know if anything was done to this used ecu prior to install. I am new to this side. I have ross tech and T-code for programming keys. I downloaded nefmoto and can read ecu file. would this file help find root of problem. Overboost was only dtc after drive. dont know how to check this with vcds yet as this new software for me.
professor

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 01:05:37 PM »

Post original and read file to check.

Seat Ibiza MK4 Cupra 1.8t 20V, stg3.
"Those 1.8T 20V machines are really tough" ©
prj

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 03:57:51 AM »

How about getting out of the ECU and pulling the codes from the TCU?
Maybe your transmission has a mechanical problem and it is in limp mode.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
jodalok

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 03:13:50 PM »

no faults while reading tcu.but it stops and stutters while i am reading measuring blocks. especially when i get to 005. vcds looks like it disconnects or cannot communicate for short time. then shows no data available then communicates and shows a reading.
jodalok

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 07:34:54 PM »

okay so I got my hands on a used tcu with part 09a 927 750 AJ, was getting no faults from old tcu part ending in "T".   Now I am getting fault 00652- gear monitoring
                                      27-00 Implausible signal.
It shifted fine for awhile then back to stuck in first. I am being led to solenoid testing now. vcds shows them to be normal but i think i need to ohm test each one to see if they are in specs. I also will check fluid, and fluid level.
Thanks for the helpful insight. It also looks like gear selector may be off some its locking into position on halfmarks.  The dash looks to show right gear.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: