Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TSB software update, tune and cat code  (Read 5354 times)
airjawed

« on: January 30, 2013, 11:16:52 AM »

I recently saw there is a technical service bulletin for code 0421(cat below efficiency). Basically it says that there is a software update for this issue. I have an unknown stage 2 tune on my car. What should I do?

How can I get the updated software? Will my tune be lost if I do it?

The software update basically addresses getting the cat code under large load conditions. I don't get the code when driving easy but the moment I hit the highway or get on the gas the code will pop up. My current software version is 0001 and the update is 4000 or above.
cyril279

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 11:37:11 AM »

From what I've learned thus far, the update is a .bin file that would need to be flashed to your ECU.

The updated file would contain stock parameters, and would overwrite the current tune.

options:
1: TTYT
2: Find the latest version; establish the differences in between your current and the updated sw/versions, then determine whether or how they may be applicable to your custom tune.

From what I've read, custom tunes frequently involve some measure of security or encryption, so applying the interpreted changes could be fun.

-cheers
ddillenger

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 12:45:12 PM »

The guy above me is right. If you want to read the tune off, it may be able to be modified to remove the rear o2's, but that's about your only choice other than a retune.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
airjawed

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 02:41:43 PM »

I can't read my tune. Seems protected and don't know who's it is.

I think I'll wait till I put in bigger injectors and just get a fresh tune.
ddillenger

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 03:08:24 PM »

bootmode it off. Problem solved. If you're going to be tuning your car you'd best get acquainted with bootmode before you need it, so when you brick the ecu you'll already know how to recover it.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
jibberjive

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 01:49:46 AM »

bootmode it off. Problem solved. If you're going to be tuning your car you'd best get acquainted with bootmode before you need it, so when you brick the ecu you'll already know how to recover it.
This. No fun learning bootmode when in a crunch or stranded (ask me how I know).
ddillenger

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 08:04:20 AM »

This. No fun learning bootmode when in a crunch or stranded (ask me how I know).

Probably the same what I know Sad

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: