Pages: [1]
Author Topic: High Byte Low Byte MAF table  (Read 6062 times)
tightmopedman9

« on: October 17, 2013, 06:09:53 PM »

Motronic 4.4 (VOLVO) stores the MAF to voltage table as a high/low byte table. I've installed a larger MAF and scaled the old values by the increase in cross sectional area. This gave me a poor approximation that I would like to improve upon. Unfortunately, I had to do the calculations and enter the values by hand, something I'm not interested in doing 20 or more times. Other than writing a program in C, Visual Basic or MatLab is there an easier way to do this?
tightmopedman9

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 06:19:09 PM »

So I figured this out with just some good 'ole excel.

I calculated my MAF table, then converted to hex with HEX2BIN(A1), from there I added the appropriate amount of leading zeros with CONCATENATE("0000",A2). I then formatted the cells into text and broke the string into high and low bytes with LEFT(A2,2) and RIGHT(A2,2). From there I could just copy and paste it into my hex editor. YEA!
krazydbiker

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 06:08:58 PM »

i was reading on your progress on volvospeed, good stuff, you did a ton of work on figuring out how  to get those maf sizes to work, i take it those lean spots are gone?
littco

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 01:52:56 AM »

Would it not be easier to use tuner pro?

Create a new table with the axis and table valves from the map, then just modify the table according to you needs?
maZer.GTi

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 03:07:58 PM »

Would it not be easier to use tuner pro?

Create a new table with the axis and table valves from the map, then just modify the table according to you needs?

If you have some wishes i can insert some stuff you need into mafadjust tool.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: