Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Has anyone used a little larger injectors for a STG2 2.7t? Lower the duty cycle?  (Read 4294 times)
stuklr

I ask because I need to swap a leaky injector and would like to get away from the 100% duty cycle the stock sized injectors run at high loads. It really amazes me that guys run K04's on the stock fuel system.

Has anyone tried the Ford units that came in the 5.4l flex fuel vans? Supposedly 47lb units? I am looking for a cost effective upgrade if I am going to swap. No big turbo plans, just headroom for healthy stg2 or maybe E85. Thanks all. 

nyet
Administrator

There are a TON of injector alternatives.

http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Fuel_injectors

and many people run stock injectors on stage 3- (ko4) with 5bar fpr... they just have to run a lot less boost.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ddillenger

I ask because I need to swap a leaky injector and would like to get away from the 100% duty cycle the stock sized injectors run at high loads. It really amazes me that guys run K04's on the stock fuel system.

Has anyone tried the Ford units that came in the 5.4l flex fuel vans? Supposedly 47lb units? I am looking for a cost effective upgrade if I am going to swap. No big turbo plans, just headroom for healthy stg2 or maybe E85. Thanks all. 

I have bought those "supposed" 550cc van injectors. I've had them flow tested. The ones with the brown bands flow 350cc.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
userpike

I have bought those "supposed" 550cc van injectors. I've had them flow tested. The ones with the brown bands flow 350cc.
the "550s" have an orange band, mine do anyway.

They are the duel cone spray pattern models.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 06:57:10 PM by userpike » Logged
stuklr

Well sounds like the typical 52lb units are the easy way out. Going to stay away from E85 and just keep using meth at the moment. Thanks for the info all.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: