Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Ecu compatibility CL and HS  (Read 12373 times)
oldcarguy85

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2013, 03:09:15 PM »

And maybe I wasn't clear either - I know for a fact it won't work properly.
But sure, it will start.

Most likely you are not running auto software, as you would instantly have lots of codes+limp in ME7 if you tried that.

Hey man -- not trying to be difficult or anything, but I did actually say I'm running manual software on the auto ecu (which works totally fine and is also what the OP was asking about). 
prj

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2013, 11:22:34 AM »

Hey man -- not trying to be difficult or anything, but I did actually say I'm running manual software on the auto ecu (which works totally fine and is also what the OP was asking about). 

This will be less crap than the other way around, but your idle, warmup and gear detection is far from good.
It's just a question of standards. What maybe "totally fine" for you, is horrible for someone who knows what to look for.

I don't see the point in the entire cross flash fad. You take a car, you read the SW, you tune the SW and you put it back in the car, done.
There is never any need to change it to something else.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
ddillenger

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2013, 11:27:52 AM »

This will be less crap than the other way around, but your idle, warmup and gear detection is far from good.
It's just a question of standards. What maybe "totally fine" for you, is horrible for someone who knows what to look for.

I don't see the point in the entire cross flash fad. You take a car, you read the SW, you tune the SW and you put it back in the car, done.
There is never any need to change it to something else.

Sometimes you don't have a manual ecu available, or vice versa. I think that's where he was going with this.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
oldcarguy85

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2013, 12:08:17 PM »

A lot of times a replacement auto ECU is cheaper (at least from what i've seen on eBay).  i recently wanted to verify my ecu wasn't the cause of a problem i was having so i bought a cheap auto ECU from eBay and flashed it with my manual software — it works perfectly.

prj

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2013, 12:16:35 PM »

A lot of times a replacement auto ECU is cheaper (at least from what i've seen on eBay).  i recently wanted to verify my ecu wasn't the cause of a problem i was having so i bought a cheap auto ECU from eBay and flashed it with my manual software — it works perfectly.

I think we are misunderstanding each other. Or rather I am misunderstanding the thread (I just re-read).
It is perfectly OK to buy a different ECU then clone your ECU flash and EEPROM into it and run your car.
The hardware is the same.

I thought you have an automatic car and you are trying to run manual software on it. This is not going to work very well, same thing the other way around. What you describe is perfectly OK, there is no physical difference between most of the ECU's as long as the board and the boot loader is the same.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
ddillenger

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2013, 12:21:15 PM »

I knew there had to be a disconnect occurring somewhere along the line.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
oldcarguy85

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2013, 12:26:47 PM »

haha -- cool -- glad we are all on the same page!  I was really starting to question my thinking there for a bit....
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: