Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: How to fuel once MAP is exceeded  (Read 44486 times)
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2011, 02:22:48 PM »

So is it just that on an ME7 with narrow band, when lamba is not 1, the ECU only checks that the lambda is on the correct side of stoich?

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
Rick

« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2011, 02:30:16 PM »

Tony,

I thought of that.  Perhaps if you run leaner than stoich on boost it may trigger a code or even limit load.  I can't see it doing anything to fuel as it won't know how much.  It isn't closed loop, and you would need a pretty major fault for it to actually matter.

Rick
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2011, 02:31:15 PM »

Interesting. I would like to know more. I was not aware of that either.

Does it check it on both sides of lambda=1?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
kelesha

« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2011, 04:13:12 PM »

I thought of that.  Perhaps if you run leaner than stoich on boost it may trigger a code or even limit load. I can't see it doing anything to fuel as it won't know how much.  It isn't closed loop, and you would need a pretty major fault for it to actually matter.

Ok, how ECU will see that you run "leaner than stoich on boost" then ? From primary O2 sensor(s) right ? If thats not closed loop then what is the difference ?

And are you know exactly when ECU try to limit load emergency and how ? Are you ever had such situations ?
silentbob

« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2011, 03:42:20 AM »

Ok, how ECU will see that you run "leaner than stoich on boost" then ? From primary O2 sensor(s) right ? If thats not closed loop then what is the difference ?

And are you know exactly when ECU try to limit load emergency and how ? Are you ever had such situations ?
When I refer to a closed loop control system I assume that you have a sensor with a sufficient accurancy in the range you want to control a variable.
What you described is more of a safety switch behavior.
There are some fault reactions that can be calibrated like overboosting for example but most are not even described in the Funktionsrahmen.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 03:44:41 AM by silentbob » Logged
MmmBoost

« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2011, 09:01:47 PM »

I have considered that it might be my fuel system actually.  I am still running the stock returnless fuel system with the stock pump.
No way to run returnless fuel system, stock pump and GT2871R on 1.5bar........forget that !!!

well my upgraded pump from 034 showed up today and I got it installed.

Slowly started increasing boost while logging.......and managed to hit the area I was having trouble with........and then exceed it without running lean as hell.

So it turns out my suspicions (which I were hoping weren't true for my wallet's sake) were actually true.  The car is running like an animal in this cool spring weather.

Thank you to everyone who offered suggestions and input.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 09:03:36 PM by MmmBoost » Logged

~Chris
2005 Audi A4 1.8T S-Line Avant
Engine Build Documentary
kelesha

« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2011, 01:42:48 PM »

well my upgraded pump from 034 showed up today and I got it installed.

Slowly started increasing boost while logging.......and managed to hit the area I was having trouble with........and then exceed it without running lean as hell.

So it turns out my suspicions (which I were hoping weren't true for my wallet's sake) were actually true.  The car is running like an animal in this cool spring weather.

Thank you to everyone who offered suggestions and input.
You need to thanks to Bosch engineers who made your Motronic ECU, because with your fuel problems and without Motronic safety all you will have in your case is dead engine Wink
vwaudiguy

« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2011, 12:03:27 AM »

This is a very interesting topic. I had to deal with a 225 hp TT (with a gt2871) recently that after being tuned a year ago (by us and another company) began to slowly start to run very rich (10:1 and more) flatlining our wideband 02 we use on the dyno. It is a narrowband ecu. Unfortunately the customer lives a couple of states away, and I only had one solid day with the car (in addition to running the business) and a couple of hours the next morning. It would only go very rich at wot and above 5500-5700 k. He made no changes to the car over the period of time since it was on our dyno and when it came back other than a higher flowing fuel pump. I tried to help him out remotely based solely on his description of the problem and a few low sampling rate logs. When the car arrived we tested/logged everything we could think of and everything checked out, but the car would always run so rich to the point it would hesitate really bad in the upper revs. The car put on 3-5k miles in between with it running great when it left, and for his first few all day race events (plus being driven home 3 states away). We logged fuel pressure, ran it mafless, swapped mafs, swapped 02's in a brute force attempt to resolve the issue because of the time crunch. It would do this at 15 psi and at 25 psi. Sorry to post jack, but I had my suspicions of it being a hardware fault, and was told by our software tuner the ecu ignored 02 feedback at wot, so this couldn't possibly be the case..I guess this should be in another thread altogether?

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: