Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Disable EGT sensors on B5 S4 !  (Read 30908 times)
phila_dot

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2011, 08:48:10 PM »

To your question on audizine regarding testing the sensors with a multimeter:
It's not possible to do that. The sensor is a Typ N thermocouple. It is usually not the thermocouple that fails but the sensor electronics. The signal for the ECU is a 100Hz PWM that is varried between 945-1050

Really interesting thought, so the GM flex fuel sensors work by outputting a 50-150hz signal depending on the ethanol content (50hz=0%, 150hz=100%).  Currently, there is only the Zeitronix ethanol content analyzer, which is $200 and requires a seperate GM flex fuel sensor.  Do you think there might be a way to hook up the GM flex fuel sensor to the EGT input on the ECU, possibly change the scale of what the Hz mean in the map on the ECU, and be able to log the ethanol content via ECUx rather than having to buy that separate Zeitronix gauge?  Electrical engineer's thoughts?

I have no idea if that would work, but if so I would think the pro wouldn't be EcuX logging. If that could work then I don't see why you wouldn't be able to base fueling on ethanol content.
jibberjive

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2011, 09:48:45 PM »

To your question on audizine regarding testing the sensors with a multimeter:
It's not possible to do that. The sensor is a Typ N thermocouple. It is usually not the thermocouple that fails but the sensor electronics. The signal for the ECU is a 100Hz PWM that is varried between 945-1050

Really interesting thought, so the GM flex fuel sensors work by outputting a 50-150hz signal depending on the ethanol content (50hz=0%, 150hz=100%).  Currently, there is only the Zeitronix ethanol content analyzer, which is $200 and requires a seperate GM flex fuel sensor.  Do you think there might be a way to hook up the GM flex fuel sensor to the EGT input on the ECU, possibly change the scale of what the Hz mean in the map on the ECU, and be able to log the ethanol content via ECUx rather than having to buy that separate Zeitronix gauge?  Electrical engineer's thoughts?

I have no idea if that would work, but if so I would think the pro wouldn't be EcuX logging. If that could work then I don't see why you wouldn't be able to base fueling on ethanol content.

For sure...if you can figure out how to get those map to correctly affect the fueling, etc.

I was thinking about it though, and for my purposes (checking ethanol content every gas tank), I wouldn't want to have to log with a computer anyways.  So I think I'm going a different route with that sensor just to check the content.  Would be sick to figure out how to make it true flex fuel though!
MathiasS

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2011, 11:11:11 AM »

Last week checked codes , still the Knock and Bank 2 EGT, cleared codes and went on...
Yesterday friend of mine who's an electrician checked every connector that was visable , also checked with multi meter for signal on all wires , everything was ok !

Went for a drive , everything was fine for a few pulls it felt like a monster again and drove perfect!

Then BRRRR it bucked badly and also puffed alot of black smoke like a diesel (prob cause it was dumping fuel in there) and even with the N75 diconnected it struggled and hesitated!

Read codes again and this came up:

16712 (G61) Knock Sensor 1
P0328 35-10 Signal too high --Intermittent

17870 EGT Regulation Bank 2 Implausible signal
P1462 35-10 Intermittent

And a new one:

16486 Mass Air Flow Sensor signal too low
P0102 -- Intermittent

Cleared all these codes , went for a drive and again it drove PERFECT for 10 minutes , also pulled like crazy and then again BRRR it held in, pulled perfect, held in, hesitated etc etc , came home , but no codes stored yet!

Do you think my MAF is dead ?

Is the dead EGT causing all of this? I wanna code em out and install an aftermarket gauge but the OEM thread in the hole is M12 x 1.0 and all aftermarket sensors are 1/8NPT
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: