Pages: [1]
Author Topic: changing clusters and my vcds aint playing!  (Read 4814 times)
Riggs

« on: June 18, 2014, 01:45:38 PM »

Hi all, changing my immo 3 rb8 Bosch no fis for vdo half fis.. also immo 3, it's a pd150 golf.. I used k commander 2.5 to get the skc of both clusters, I went through all what I need to do, installed wiper stalk with buttons and made my own loom, when I get to the bit on vcds when I go to instruments and login, I login with the new cluster skc and then go to adaption, I go to 00 channel and read and save, I then go to address 50 and it says pin? On the top left, I enter the old cluster pin and it says wait.. stays like that n the dash keeps beeping at me saying immob active.... Help! Lol s
tjwasiak

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 02:08:57 PM »

I do not think you should go to adaptation channel 0... I would go to channel 50 directly.
What car are we talking about?
Riggs

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 04:05:36 AM »

mk4 golf.. tdi.. the guide I have been reading says to go to 00 first and read and save as it resets everything to factory.. allegedly! It just wont play! doing my head in! n I cant afford a newer version of vcds as they are crazy money! lol!
tjwasiak

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 04:13:13 AM »

Even VAG-COM 311 should be enough for that task!
k0mpresd

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 08:41:59 AM »

mk4 golf.. tdi.. the guide I have been reading says to go to 00 first and read and save as it resets everything to factory.. allegedly! It just wont play! doing my head in! n I cant afford a newer version of vcds as they are crazy money! lol!

vcds is not crazy $$. youre just cheap.
apparently youre reading the wrong guide because channel 00 is never used.
the vcds website has a complete step by step for cluster swapping.
Juliansr

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 01:23:28 PM »

Hi all, changing my immo 3 rb8 Bosch no fis for vdo half fis.. also immo 3, it's a pd150 golf.. I used k commander 2.5 to get the skc of both clusters, I went through all what I need to do, installed wiper stalk with buttons and made my own loom, when I get to the bit on vcds when I go to instruments and login, I login with the new cluster skc and then go to adaption, I go to 00 channel and read and save, I then go to address 50 and it says pin? On the top left, I enter the old cluster pin and it says wait.. stays like that n the dash keeps beeping at me saying immob active.... Help! Lol s

You mean switching form no FIS to the MFA (it's like FIS but isnt the same)?
Is your car a CAN-BUS car? "You can tell if your car has CAN-bus by looking at the middle three digits of your instrument cluster part number: 919 clusters are non-CAN-bus, 920 clusters have CAN-bus."

make sure your car started out with the canbus or you're probably not going to see much success.

you might possibly just xerox the thing...? see my link here: the third post.
you can do it all in-car with no extra special wiring. Try this method ?

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6228.0title=
tjwasiak

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 03:10:26 PM »

It will be much better if people without proper knowledge would not write misleading information on the net Sad
I understand you wanted to help Juliansr but you do not know what you are talking about.

All IMMO3 clusters are CAN based (so has ABC 920 (8|9)(0|2|4)(5|6|7|8)Y part number).
MFA aka half FIS should be 1J(0|5) 920 (8|9)2(5|6|7|8)Y where first 0 or 5 determines if it is standard or Sport Edition cluster, 8 or 9 determines if it is scaled in kilometers or miles, and 5, 6, 7 and 8 determines if it is IMMO2, IMMO3, petrol, diesel or some special (like Passat W8) cluster.

His cluster's part number should end with 826Y or 926Y (Y being a letter) and if it is not the case (for example it ends with 5Y - it would mean it is IMMO2 cluster which will not work). If it is/was Passat cluster (or a hybrid cluster made of different parts) it will work as long as it was not W8 one, and it is programmed with proper dump.

EDIT: And he will not be able to use RB8 dump in VDO cluster!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: