Pages: [1]
Author Topic: mpps immo off  (Read 9749 times)
marcone

« on: May 08, 2014, 03:08:41 AM »

Hi I am new here  and a newbie to tuning factory ecu.I have a mpps original,winols and other bits but I am trying to learn how to remove immo on vag.I have read on the forum that I can use(if I have got this correct)ARGDUBS tool with vcds cable and lots of help on the forum.Can I still use the immooff files with my mpps master or is that not possible any help would be great.I have lots more questions but thought I would start here first.
panos1975

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 05:05:02 AM »

MPPS can't read or write eeprom on ME7 ecu's only flash eprom.In my opinion the best way to read and write eeprom is desoldering and programmer.As for immo off in ME7 there is a lot of infos in this forum....
marcone

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 05:48:23 AM »

Sorry I must be confused I am sure I can read and write on my seat leon 1.8t 2001 with mpps which I am sure is me7.5 or have I got it wrong.I thought only the early ecu's had to remove the eprom.I remap lots of 1.8t Vag read and flash  with out desoldering or are we talking about another chip on the board.
panos1975

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 06:11:45 AM »

Probably you mean  flash eprom PSOP44 29f400 or 29f800 on ME7.5 ecu's. Eeprom in ME7 ecu's is soic 8 95040 and you can't read it with mpps....
marcone

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 06:34:37 AM »

Sorry yes at the mo I have a 2001 seat leon so this is what I am trying to get info on at the mo.I am trying to find out if I can read/write with mpps can I use the immo edit software on the forum and which software would be best for me.
ddillenger

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 08:34:38 AM »

MPPS can't read or write eeprom on ME7 ecu's only flash eprom.In my opinion the best way to read and write eeprom is desoldering and programmer.As for immo off in ME7 there is a lot of infos in this forum....

This is not true. MPPS CAN read and write the eeprom. I'm not sure when that was added, but my real one has the option under the generic menu.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
panos1975

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 09:59:36 AM »

From which version?I think till version 13 mpps could not read eeprom from ME7....
ddillenger

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2014, 12:51:42 PM »

I have V18.02 or whatever the official software is. It's been an option for quite a while now.

I don't know when it was added, but the OP said he has an MPPS master, which to me means he has a legitimate version, and CAN use it to immo off.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
marcone

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2014, 01:37:22 PM »

Thankyou for replying it is legite mpps and I thought it had those capability but this is why Im here is to learn.
So you are saying I can edit with the software that is available on this forum.Sounds brilliant thanks.
So do I download from argdub.
ddillenger

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2014, 01:48:09 PM »

Thankyou for replying it is legite mpps and I thought it had those capability but this is why Im here is to learn.
So you are saying I can edit with the software that is available on this forum.Sounds brilliant thanks.
So do I download from argdub.

You just need a hex editor. Read the "Understand/retrofitting immobilizer" sticky in the cluster section, it shows you how to immo off.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
TheDSI

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2014, 11:35:25 PM »

mpps can flash eeprom but in boot mod only .
TCSTigersClaw

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2014, 12:23:55 AM »

This is not true. MPPS CAN read and write the eeprom. I'm not sure when that was added, but my real one has the option under the generic menu.

Really ? I have the original for a while and never bothered looking @ Generic . I will check it out .

*also there have been various mini-updates the last 10 days connect with the autoupdater

VAG cars newbie tuner Smiley
marcone

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2014, 10:39:04 AM »

Thankyou for all the info,I have winols legite will that be good enough or would think another hex editor would be better.

Marc
ddillenger

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2014, 10:54:34 AM »

winOLS is fine, you will just have to manually correct the checksums. It's as easy as subtracting 1 from the 2nd to last byte.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: