Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Throttle plate/angle mapping  (Read 12914 times)
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« on: November 12, 2010, 08:38:04 AM »

I'm curious if anyone has looked into being able to map the TB to say a 1:1 mapping just like as if it were connected to a cable.  By doing this I would also like to prevent the ECU to close the TB by disabling all of the safeguards that have to do with it.

I will need to do this for an upcoming future project.  Is it possible?  Will ME7 give you full control over the TB?

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
Rick

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 08:55:32 AM »

The pedal is a requested torque input.  As ME7 is constantly modelling the torque being output, it varies the throttle plate and ignition angle to maintain a desired torque.  An example of this is at part throttle, as boost is coming in, the throttle will close to maintain the torque which was being requested/produced before the turbo spools - providing that the requested torque could be met without boost.

I guess you already knew that though,  I'd start with making a 1:1 map of KFPED so taht 10% throttle = 10% req torque.  You would then have to work on disabling each safety cut out which uses throttle to intervene by making the conditiosn that trigger it impossible to reach. 

Rick
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 09:22:51 AM »

Yeah I knew that, but thanks... I guess I'll start with that..  I'll have to see exactly what influences the throttle plate.

Cheers!

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
iznogoud

Learning junkie

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 12:59:32 PM »

You do not want to take away the automatic adjustment of the throttle plate angle if you are in really cold weather. Here is the scenario: car with hardwired N75 duty at WOT (which some stage 3 cars are), cold IAT, dense air, injectors cannot keep up with oxidant delivered to the manifold = lean condition and no ability to enrich.

My 2 cents.

Audi S4 B5 2000 6sp Cactus Green
Audi A4 B6 Avant 1.8T 2001.5 5sp Santorin Blue
Rick

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 01:35:26 PM »

That is no different to how a car with traditional throttle would be mapped.  You just need to ensure your IAT maps are correct.

Rick
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 02:53:02 PM »

^^^ correct. Also this is kind of a custom application I needing this for and I will need full control over the throttle as if it were in fact drive-by-cable so to speak.

turboskipper

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 04:35:19 PM »

Are you going to be using ME7 for boost control or a separate boost controller? Seems it might be possible with a lot of hacking of the torque structure and relying a separate boost controller.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2010, 06:05:42 AM »

Separate boost, fuel and timing control... I just want throttle control

turboskipper

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2010, 07:37:27 AM »

Separate boost, fuel and timing control... I just want throttle control

Do you want things like idle control as well? Seems it would be much easier to just switch to a cable throttle if you only want ME7 to do throttle control. Especially because the motor normally goes unthrottled when boosted.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2010, 08:05:45 AM »

yes I want idle control.

Deleting the TB, will also disable the ESP and Cruise Control, which I do not want to do.

What do you mean, unthrottled when boosted?

createddeleted

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2012, 02:16:33 PM »

I hate to bump this, but did you ever do any further testing/ research?
nokiafix

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2012, 09:10:25 AM »

Development mode by turning torque control off and just run KFLDRAPP???

I looked in to this last year and decided that when my big turbo project is read for mapping this is the way I will "TRY" ang get working.  But I need to do a lot more reading on the functions PDF and recap what I found out and what my final theory was.     I wanted to contol my turbo upto 400bhp via the N75 only not a fan of cheating and using MBC/ECB setup.

Nick
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 01:07:17 PM by nokiafix » Logged
nokiafix

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2012, 09:12:59 AM »

1:1 map of KFPED works well with small turbos, just loses the little torque assistance when pulling off from a stand still, helps to make the KFPED a little aggressive at low ped % /rpm then go 1:1 over 2000rpm.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: