Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Always in open loop over idle?  (Read 5915 times)
Westfarmracing

« on: September 04, 2014, 03:15:43 AM »

Hello all. I Wonder if anyone of you know, I have searched but can't find any solution to this..

I have an RS4 F-Box, and it sits fine at idle and holds afr steady @14.8. As soon as i touch the pedal, it goes into open loop, and if i hold it steady at like 2000rpm it cuts lambda Control and afr falls into mid 12's.

This is resulting in the car doesn't pass inspection and i get bad mpg. Does anyone know if this is the case in F-Box, or can it be something else? Nothing in lamf maps or lambda Control is touched besides rear o2 and sai delete.

Thanks in advance for any advice guys Smiley
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 09:31:41 AM by nyet » Logged
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 06:10:11 AM »

So it's a completely stock file with only R02 and SAI delete?  Stock fueling (injectors/maf/etc)?

If yes, then I would say there is an error made in the file.

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
Lost

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 08:06:26 AM »

Hello all. I Wonder if anyone of you know, I have searched but can't find any solution to this..

I have an RS4 F-Box, and it sits fine at idle and holds afr steady @14.8. As soon as i touch the pedal, it goes into closed loop, and if i hold it steady at like 2000rpm it cuts lambda Control and afr falls into mid 12's.

This is resulting in the car doesn't pass inspection and i get bad mpg. Does anyone know if this is the case in F-Box, or can it be something else? Nothing in lamf maps or lambda Control is touched besides rear o2 and sai delete.

Post your file here
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 10:57:37 AM »

I have an RS4 F-Box, and it sits fine at idle and holds afr steady @14.8. As soon as i touch the pedal, it goes into closed loop, and if i hold it steady at like 2000rpm it cuts lambda Control and afr falls into mid 12's.

Please post logs of the various lambda requests.

Also, by closed loop, i think you mean open loop. Might want to change the topic accordingly.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 12:58:14 PM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Westfarmracing

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 11:49:33 PM »

Thanks, I also suspected there was an error in the file. I got some help at first with this from my tuner, and he had done some changes which I didnt like.. And I switched those back to original values, but I think maybe I missed something, or its not present in my .ols

I will try a completely Stock file when I get home, and report back. And I will post up logs and file(s)

Don't know how to change the topic? 

ddillenger

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 12:14:39 AM »

Check the LAMFA axis.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 09:32:03 AM »

Don't know how to change the topic? 

FIFY

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Westfarmracing

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 11:43:14 AM »

Thanks. Here´s the file anyway if someone like to take a peek.

It's not a final file by any means, i think the car can run stronger but its on oem rs4 injectors now, so not sure how much i can push it.

I can't find anything changed in any lamfa maps. Maybe my .ols is bad..?
Westfarmracing

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2014, 04:37:03 AM »

Check the LAMFA axis.

Spot on! (I think)

Got another .ols that had the right lamfa. Read in wiki to change axis from 50-100% or it will use 1,0 all the time.

This makes much sense, and would explain my problem. Now I can thank myself for not just og with another file, actually learned something instead and that's the Whole point..

Haven't tried it yet, but quite confident it will work.
Lost

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2014, 08:00:25 AM »

Spot on! (I think)

Got another .ols that had the right lamfa. Read in wiki to change axis from 50-100% or it will use 1,0 all the time.

This makes much sense, and would explain my problem. Now I can thank myself for not just og with another file, actually learned something instead and that's the Whole point..

Haven't tried it yet, but quite confident it will work.

Ok, nice, that is what I have reacted on as well. Thought it was something wrong with my xdf. Smiley
Westfarmracing

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2014, 02:04:06 PM »

Really nice. It works like a charm Smiley need to get some bigger injectors now and get some power out of it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: