Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is there a way to search inside .xdf with an address  (Read 3281 times)
hopsis

« on: September 08, 2014, 12:57:28 AM »

Am I just blind or is there no way to search for a certain table inside .xdf if I know the address but not the name of the table? I have C5 RS6 and S6 bins open side by side in Winols. I also have fully defined xdf for the RS6 bin. I can find some maps still undefined for the S6 when I look at the bin in winols, I can also find the similar maps in the RS6 bin. Should be easy to update the S6.xdf if I only knew what maps I am looking at. I'm yet to reach the point where I can tell which map is which just by looking at it.

The RS6 xdf (being fully defined) has hundreds of lines in the parameter tree. Can I search the xdf if I know the address of the map? I can of course find the correct table by scrolling the list until I come across the correct address but that has proven to be time consuming and most of all prone to error if I blink and miss the address in question and have to start over.

I hope that someone understood what I'm aiming at Smiley
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 01:25:00 AM »

Select the magnifying glass. Enter the address in the search box.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
hopsis

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 02:04:32 AM »

That did the trick. Thank You once again.
stuklr

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 06:09:49 AM »

Where did you find the RS6 .xdf? I have a local guy that wants to try modifying his own RS6 file, but I haven't found a full .xdf

Care to post the one you found/made?
hopsis

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 07:56:13 AM »

All that I have I've downloaded from this forum. I'd rather try to find the right thread than upload same files again. Especially when the files aren't originally mine. I'll have a look later today.

e: Couldn't find it anywhere on the forum anymore. Might have originally been in the "tuned files" section. Here it is anyway.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 11:10:37 PM by hopsis » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: