Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hello from Essex  (Read 2755 times)
Rubiks tuna

In it to win it !!

« on: April 03, 2015, 06:57:20 AM »

Hello all,

I am a mobile car audio and security engineer with interests in computers and many things of the mindfunk persuasion.

Some time ago I was unlucky enough to be last in the chain of people to look at one rather neglected 06/99 VW Golf MK4 1jz with the agu engine 18lr4/5vt motr hs d06 06a906018r.

This car had been standing for nearly 3 years and although I had worked on it previously (alarm), it had never been in a running condition due to the owner not really having much of a clue and limited funds.The car was then sold in the dark to another close friend as seen, running on 3 cylinders, and more problems than you could shake a stick at.

I am no mechanic and getting cars started above basic fault finding electrically and common sense built up by years of working on my own cars from the age of 17 is usually something I like to let others more in the know do, but, after being seen by an vehicle repair center I was asked to have a poke around as apparently they had diagnosed either a faulty ECU or a wiring fault from ECU to coil packs due to a failure of cylinder 1

I diagnosed the ignition amplifier (at the time it was "this box thingy on the airbox"), :\

£5 from the breakers and she went up the road on all 4 cylinders.

Well after a couple of months of piecing her back together again she went through an MOT and was going to be sold.

After spending so much time working on her I kinda got to like the idea that my mate the previous owner who had never managed to get it on the road had learnt that we had it running and wanted it back. Shortly after I decided I wanted her and I regularly take great pleasure in taking him up the road every now and again to woops of delight when he notices something else I have to to her to make her better, faster or just tidier in general.

I guess I just wanted to outline my interests, knowledge and intentions.

I have read much on this site and have noticed many helpful people and many many i am sure useful bits of information.

I intend to fault find my vehicle as it still is without good boost here and there, identify whether my map is standard (has held boost at 14 psi so I suspect not) and wish to learn about the maps contained within the me3.8 and how to understand the meaning and use of them.

I currently follow videos and online information pertaining to VCDS and Winols and have enjoyed scratching my head for at least 50+ hours on and off with moments of levity and oooh I see now's.

As the ECU I wish to work on is rather old now I doubt many will want to contribute to my cause but if you do not ask you're not gonna get hey ?

If I can help others I always will and will gladly post info on progress if people want to know, my friends got bored of my fascinations long ago !!

I do have questions but am unsure to ask before I know how to ask them correctly and I hope to find as much info myself without spoon feeding.

Hope all this isn't too long, an awesome day to you all. Mark

Not as green as I am cabbage looking Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: