Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Changing Allroad cluster code  (Read 8769 times)
jezow2010

« on: September 28, 2015, 07:13:26 PM »

I fried my cluster and replaced it with a used, downloaded vag commander to retrieve the login code from the old and the new and installed the new cluster. Went into vag com to change the code in the new one and got the error, channel 50 not available. Turns out that when you have an s4 (no immo) tune on your car, you cannot adapt any immobilizer equipment via vag com (please tell me this is not true)

So now, I think that I either have to upload the stock tune on the car to enable the immobilizer in the ecu again? This would allow me to program the cluster to match the keys with vag com? Or, since I would rather not go through that, what are my options as to changing the code or reprogramming my new cluster to match the old without using vag com?

Car runs and drives fine of course, I would just like to get rid of the blinking light and no I will not put tape over it. 2001 Allroad.

Thanks, Tyler
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 08:16:03 PM »

I think that I either have to upload the stock tune on the car to enable the immobilizer in the ecu again? This would allow me to program the cluster to match the keys with vag com?

Yes.

Car runs and drives fine of course, I would just like to get rid of the blinking light and no I will not put tape over it. 2001 Allroad.

Thanks, Tyler

Desolder the bulb.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
k0mpresd

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 08:22:17 PM »

Desolder the bulb.

always thinking outside the box.
ddillenger

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 09:49:45 PM »

mmmhmmm

lol

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
jezow2010

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 04:51:10 AM »

I'm having a hard time thinking of a better idea than that...
ddillenger

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 11:19:58 AM »

The entire operation of reading your current file, saving it, flashing an immo equipped binary, getting pins, and adapting the immobilizer should take ~10 minutes, and not require you to leave the car. It's very, very easy and straightforward.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
jezow2010

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 06:14:03 PM »

well, it's more complicated than that... I think. I had someone tune the car (send ecu out), so in order for me to get the ecu back to stock form I will have to figure some way around this.

I'll figure it out. I though however maybe I could just edit the read/write in the cluster from vag commander, what everyone talks about as hex, but I have not found a definitive answer to that or changed anything like that but now is just as good as any time to learn. come to think of it I don't even know what that screen of numbers is.

but you have told me that the only way is via vag com so I will pursue that route. Thanks again

ddillenger

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2015, 07:07:21 PM »

You can write your old cluster binary to the new cluster assuming they both have the same bitmask (if the part numbers match it will work).

That will eliminate the light as well.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
bendzji

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2015, 02:14:23 AM »

When I was adapting my new cluster ( 4B0920936RX )  i had the same problem - vag com shows that channel 50 is not available - i used PolskiVAG4.9 and it worked , then i tried my friends VCDS 12.12 and it also worked - so try that way
jezow2010

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2015, 05:32:32 PM »

well..... Wrote the old .bin to the new cluster and now I have the DEF error... anyone know of a fix for this?

I think my time is better spent looking for new clusters
jezow2010

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2015, 05:35:45 PM »

.... another new cluster
ddillenger

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2015, 06:03:19 PM »

.... another new cluster

I told you to make sure the part number matched.

DEF is not easily fixable, but it is repairable. What is the part number of your new cluster?

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
jezow2010

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2015, 06:24:14 PM »

4B0 920 981P

Old is a 980P

Sure enough, I didn't listen. I guess in my head I thought that I could just go back to the original program on the new cluster but apparently loading the wrong one locks it up.

I do have the .bins (original ones) off of each cluster
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: